The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1995 Eagle Talon Tsi Engine Shave/Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its been a long time since my last post so here is a few updates some guy locally is parting out his G so I snagged up some great deals

Ecm link V.3 full
IMG_1199.jpg

found rebuilt hand brake assembly and a set of used cables to replace my non-existent pads and rusted out cables.
IMG_1216.jpg

the old rusted out pos brakes I had
IMG_1228.jpg

more parts: Headlights,slim fans and fan shroud, greddy shift knob
IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

Oem headlights? Where did u get the greddy knob

Oem headlights? Where did u get the greddy knob

They are oem eBay lights
Greddy knob came from the guy I got ECM from at $20 I couldent say no especially since people say their rare.

more parts: custom radiator overflow, k & N intake, AEM eugo wideband, factory amplifier and wireing.
IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

had to splice the new harness into the existing wires that were cut
IMG_1256.jpg

I attempted to install the wideband I removed my front 02 sensor and striped the threads in the housing I have new one comeing in this week so I can start to tune my car.

Got some hids installed and my lights straitend out
IMG_1261.jpg

clean water tight install
IMG_1263.jpg

new aem gauge
IMG_1260.jpg

polished my valve cover again
IMG_1265.jpg

I saw thread on dyeing interior carpet so I tried to give it a shot. I power washed my carpet and washed with soap I have it sitting in a 30 gallon tote with 4 bottles of rit dye.I plan on pulling it out and washing it in the morning since it is going to be 85 out It should dry in a few hours.

When I pulled my carpet I found a not so pleasant surprise
IMG_1397.jpg

cleaned up a litte Just trying to slow down the rust process
IMG_1399.jpg

patched the hole with sheet metal, self taping screws and undercoated it
IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

I think thats a lot better what do you guys think?
IMG_1409.jpg

Last edited:
That dye worked pretty good! Where did you get the dye?

I realllly like what you have done with this car!! Keep up the good work. BTW, What are those for rims? (I don't remember reading what they were) They are sexy as hell!:hellyeah:

I realllly like what you have done with this car!! Keep up the good work. BTW, What are those for rims? (I don't remember reading what they were) They are sexy as hell!:hellyeah:

Thanks I love the feedback you guys leave:D. The rims are of a 2008 lancer and were powdercoated black

Attachments

• mitsubishi-lancer-2008.jpg
    mitsubishi-lancer-2008.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 738
I'm impressed with what you have done with the car, looking really good. :thumb:

Looks like you have her coming right along. Looking good!

How's my ebrake set up working for you?

I was having major idle surge issues. After I boost leak tested i found that I had a big leak where my fake HKS bov bolts together and another at my EGR block off plate, It seems that the gasket melted after 3 miles...

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

coated it in high temp rtv and torqued it back down
IMG_1565.jpg

one of the cleanest 1st gens i have ever seen almost a shame its going to be crushed some of it will live on in my talon.
IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

1g wheel into 2g
IMG_1578.jpg

Any Modifications needed to swap the 1G wheel over? I have one and I love the feel of the 1G wheel vs the 2g

Build looks great!

The 2g wheel is a boat I hated to this one 1g wheel was the best 14 bucks I have ever spent. The splines are the same you cave to cut the back plastic part off of the 1g to make room for a wire connector and you have to cut and solder one wire for the horn there was a FAQ for it on here.

DSM's 4 Life you bought this car from one of my good friends in rochester,youve done a beautiful job re doing this car and cant believe that this is what that car turned into!

It was worth building b.c I learned a lot about the 4g63 platform. like I said earlier I just bought a 1g and I'm eager to start my new build I am simply trying to get some money that I put into this car back. I want to cage my 1g and put her on a huge diet and get her to 1900 lbs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back