The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1995 eagle talon esi (evo 8 swap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flywheel fits. Just gotta figure out how make space for the starter

Attachments

• Photo Mar 05, 12 58 38 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 05, 12 58 38 PM.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 11.47.50 AM.png

When you find an evo 8 transmission for $50. There's a crack on it. I just need it to change the starter mounting points on my 3g trans

I know in the begining you were meet w/ some resistance, but just realize there opinion counts as much as fly's shit worth on a scale. I am glad to see NOT just another DSM build. Refreshing and worth watching .... I do have one question concerning the trans choice, was it chose out of easy of the swap or is it more along the lines of doing something a little different ..

I know in the begining you were meet w/ some resistance, but just realize there opinion counts as much as fly's sh** worth on a scale. I am glad to see NOT just another DSM build. Refreshing and worth watching .... I do have one question concerning the trans choice, was it chose out of easy of the swap or is it more along the lines of doing something a little different ..

I went with the 3g trans just because it would be less expenisve. Remember a working evo 8/9 trans range from $600-2,000 dollars plus the transfer case which is another $1k. Maybe if i run into another evo 8 trans that is cracked at a different point i'll save it and swap it in. In the mean time.. looking for a tig welder in LA area. RRE already directed me to a shop but I'm open to different locations rn.

Had to revive my old Dsmtuners account to get in here and help out with the swap progress!

Tranmission mount location will need to be moved up around 6" forward for the 3g transmission to fit accordingly. The other three mounts fit with the 420a motor mounts.

As far as clearing the starter, 3g guys have been working around it for years. You can do what Cristian is doing and mess with the housing or you can get an RRE 1/2' manifold spacer and have it milled down to angle the turbo. Keep in mind you will need extended studs (2g extended studs work fine) to have enough room for the spacer to fit.

A backup starter for your starter

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 178
Prepping for a paint job again :cry:

Update... Timing belt was done again with OEM parts.
Poly mounts have been ordered.

Just waiting for the poly mounts to get here to weld up the bracket and paint the bay again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 8.17.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 8.17.29 PM.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 135
Looks like your getting this project going again man, If someone were to do this swap I think the best advice would be to tell swap guys/gals to get an evo 7-9 half cut from a jdm parts supplier, with the full engine harness ecu, motor trans, axles, rear end, etc you'd have the majority of the swap right there only problem is [for most cheep skates] they cost anywhere from $1500-$5000 of course another option is to find a salvaged evo, but both options would give you most of the swap parts needed.

of course if you slowly part it together, you may end up hitting evo part-outs to find other obscure bits but that takes time out of your swap I guess LOL

Glad you didnt let the idiots in the beggining get you down... Even back when you started this, a quick google search would have showed them the evo 4g63 fits very nicely in the 420a engine bay... If I ever find a nice 5 speed 420a 2gb talon, Ima buy it, just to do a swap like this.

Thanks man^

poly mounts have been pressed in and i can finally mess with alignment of the engine/trans.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 3.52.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 3.52.39 PM.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 74
Alright so you might have this car around online. Well its mine ha. My name is Cristian and ive owned this talon since my freshmen year in high school. I didn't really know much about dsms or that i even had one. Once i found out there was a turbo version of it i wanted to boost thinking i could make the same power on a 420a. Yea i know what noob i was. Anyways, my car ran fine for about 4 years boosted at 8psi until blew a rod 2 months ago. I was just going to rebuild and keep pushing the 420a but then everybody was like just do the evo 8 swap. I thought about it and then i finally decided to do it. I already have some parts that i bought and i will post pictures when i can.
Love your call I just got a 1995 Eagle Talon ESI, where did you get that body kit it looks hot

I just picked this up from the original owner with 119000 miles on it from California she bought it to New York City and got rid of her car.
IMAG0238.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back