The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1995 eagle talon esi (evo 8 swap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my evo 8 engine is coming along nicely :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 5.32.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 5.32.34 PM.png
    176 KB · Views: 332
looks really Nice man, I wish I could make it out to mod this weekend, but my car is nowhere close to as awesome as this build man.

I know a guy who might need some custom motor mounts to do the evo motor swap on his 420 2g, if you could can you pm me an estimated price on how much some custom made ones would run thanks.

Engine Bay Painted

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 2.53.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 2.53.38 PM.png
    259.9 KB · Views: 393
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 2.53.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-21 at 2.53.49 PM.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 383
Yea trying to get everything together so i don't have to worry about it when its inside the engine bay. I should have some more updates this weekend. I will be installing my STM fuel line kit this weekend. Just waiting on some little parts since the hard line on the fuel tank broke. Dam cars are so old LOL

Update on my build. pretty much have boxes of new parts sitting I'm my garage. I hardly have time. only thing left is to buy the transmission and I'm pretty much done.

Awesome work so far! Any guess on how this car will pan out as far as california emissions are concerned? I know they are a pain, just curious. Can't wait to see this thing done though... keep on rockin :hellyeah:

It shouldn't be a problem, since hes swapping in a later year motor in an older car frame... it's when you start sticking older motors into newer car frames, that they start to go bonkers on you, but thats not to say he wont have issues, for it to be a legit swap, he will have to have a ref look at all the parts, and test the emissions components, and make sure the check engine light works etc if he likes what he sees he will give you a sticker that tells the average smog man not to whine over the mods.

Last edited:
Pretty much what mitsubishikid said. it's not my daily so I'm good. only thing I'm worried is getting pulled over in my city. They are a pain to deal with. Especially bike cops. they stare at me a lot whenever I'm driving that car. I should be okay as long as I'm not doing stupid stuff

this looks like one amazing build my friend. Major props. I considered tackling something of this nature before buying my GSX but was concerned with the price factor LOL.

Thanks man. Been busting my ass off at work. I added more stuff to the engine. I'll post a picture once I get my valve cover back :D

Stay tuned for next week! i usually post it on my FB or instagram :D

Engine is DONE!!! time to buy a built trans for this power.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 7.46.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 7.46.47 PM.png
    469.4 KB · Views: 274
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back