The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1995 Eagle Gigglebox

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, I've been working on the car quite a bit now, and I forgot to update my profile as I've made progress. Oops :ohdamn:

Once I got home from college me and my dad started work on the car. We put the engine in and that was a long day's work.
The engine is back in the car with the transmission and transfer case/driveline attached as well. Lots of hoses are attached back where they are supposed to be and I even bought a blue hose kit to replace the 25+ year old hoses in the car. I also got some wire sheathing to clean up the admittedly crappy looking electrical wires. Currently, the Talon is pretty close to being roadworthy again, these are the things that I have left to do

3" downpipe and test pipe fitment issues
paint my outlander caliper brackets to make them look like they didn't come off of a junked car
replace the pads, front rotors and calipers
finish the FMIC piping for the 14b
re-attach the cold air intake
mount the radiator and fans back on
wire the coil pack to reflect the 97 ECU in my car
fill the car with pretty much every fluid aside from windshield washer fluid
re-attach my 95 bumper until I have all the goodies to put on the 97 bumper
de-rust and re-attach my battery tray
quintuple check and pray that I have all lines and plugs connected and in the right spots
cycle through the break in oil and hope for no leaks

It's been quite the journey with this car, and I'm pretty excited to get it back on the road after months of sitting! Life and school happened so it was hard to get a lot of work done on it at all, but finally its all coming together. Enjoy these pictures:

(Also to those of you who want more interior pics, I'll be sending those sometime soon)

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

I was this close to finishing the car. All that was left on it were some small things like exhaust, downpipe, and FMIC fitment. However, one of the bolts that attached the J-pipe to the 14b wasn't going in straight, and stripped the hole. That isnt a huge deal really, but after an attempt to fix it with a helicoil it made the problem a lot worse. Luckily, there was an extra 14b cold side nearby and I also got my 2gb headlights. Wasted precious time though, so it'll be a while before I get to work on it again since I start my next semester of college. Those interior pics I promised aren't delayed though, as I can go grab some today for all you Pulsar Beige people out there :thumb:

I was this close to finishing the car. All that was left on it were some small things like exhaust, downpipe, and FMIC fitment. However, one of the bolts that attached the J-pipe to the 14b wasn't going in straight, and stripped the hole. That isnt a huge deal really, but after an attempt to fix it with a helicoil it made the problem a lot worse. Luckily, there was an extra 14b cold side nearby and I also got my 2gb headlights. Wasted precious time though, so it'll be a while before I get to work on it again since I start my next semester of college. Those interior pics I promised aren't delayed though, as I can go grab some today for all you Pulsar Beige people out there :thumb:
It's a shame, considering how much fun AWD would be today! Hopefully everything else goes smoothly!

Hopefully everything else goes smoothly!
Hopefully! Knowing projects at my house nothing ever does go smoothly, but theres always hope ROFL

I’ll be running to and from Alabama on the weekends to work on it as much as possible.
Now that I’m snowed in, I might have some extra days to work as well. I’m so close and so excited!

Big photodump here. The brown interior is entirely complete including the privacy cover, and you can even see my sub box in one picture.
Dipped some of the rust parts in muriatic acid and cleaned them up to paint. I love the results.
To those of you interested, let me know what else you want to see!
(Sorry about the trunk pics, its a storage unit currently :D)

9F26B6D3-7C19-428B-874F-33930BAF598A.jpeg

698EC55A-2D45-4E8B-959C-AEE8131446B9.jpeg

839CAA4D-0EE8-4910-ACCA-FB7647368576.jpeg

5247FCAE-B41A-4410-8755-2405D4F9805F.jpeg

8B76AC42-48FB-48E6-A9A1-DC7699CB151D.jpeg

DA4E33A3-CE00-44DA-AB93-ADF1DBC18FA0.jpeg

3FFF22E3-613E-4374-B227-E8EF5D7F3D7E.jpeg

119EB1C8-1F62-4855-8D24-08BEF56F66B2.jpeg

5E3D285E-701F-44D4-BC2D-753DC325FCE5.jpeg

DB8D3BEC-91BB-41E4-A379-AC31738FC27A.jpeg

CFCFD65C-673D-4775-B341-B4A576A20D09.jpeg

C4FB7D95-536B-4CFA-BDCA-F8F1521F2AB3.jpeg

11BD9D09-8020-40A7-B60D-F26D184B530E.jpeg

C1DC4161-C06A-4CCA-88AB-A19F722300C5.jpeg

184D4BCF-8A85-4B6D-AD5C-9463A8F87A7A.jpeg

C977FE82-2FD5-4873-A986-E51683F09772.jpeg

Well everyone, she officially runs and drives!!!

What a journey this car has been! I pulled my first engine from this car, and even put the engine back in as well. Connected everything back up and even pulled the turbo at one point to replace the cold side due to a stripped bolt housing.
My dad did a lot of work while I was away at the beginning of my college's second semester, and I was able to come back and start it almost immediately.

Here is a video of the first startup, this also serves as my official face reveal on DSMTuners since I'm too lazy to edit it out of the video. So enjoy!
All I have to do now is attach the rest of the exhaust, headlights, fogs, bumpers, etc.

AHHHHH its all coming together! Got it to an exhaust shop today and here is how it sounds (and looks)

Edit: Aside from some throttle adjustment and power steering issues, this car is completely drivable, and I might get some new professional pictures taken of it this Sunday

B649B408-9B12-4F24-8E77-F1B1CB95C330.jpeg

D0E81874-427E-4BD0-866B-D5061E94CC55.jpeg

D0969BA3-968C-4FB6-B690-8B45A3C3488F.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that sounds like a deal to me!
Luckily I didn't get many up close pictures of the brackets because there are some noticeable spots where primer still remains, but they will look great under the new set of evo 8's i have coming in

Well, the car officially drove the whole 2 hours from TN to Alabama, I'm absolutely stoked. It's having issues with fuel cut at the moment due to the 14b, but just driving the car feels great.

Went and took some pictures with some car friends of mine, 18 in total I believe. Can you spot the talon in all of them ROFL

Attachments

• Facetune_23-01-2022-19-14-28.jpg
    Facetune_23-01-2022-19-14-28.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5505.jpg
    IMG_5505.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 49
Ooh, I see a Daytona blue z and a samba green del sol. I like.
Good eye! That del sol is also an Si variant, so it has VTEC. Cool little car for sure.
That White Cresta has to be my favorite though (Aside from the Talon obviously). Right hand drive Twin turbo 1JZ with the best wheel fitment i’ve ever seen in person, what an awesome car.

Got this photo the other day, man I’m loving the way this car turned out cosmetically. Now I just need a tune and a paintjob to wrap the build up!

Attachments

• D3741DD5-A36E-4BAC-8AC0-9410797B6932.jpeg
    D3741DD5-A36E-4BAC-8AC0-9410797B6932.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 40
New post:

The good:
Got a new Canada-spec alternator installed and belt tensioned in under 2.5 hours including a run to the parts store, without the use of any youtube videos. (thats pretty good for me ok)
Did a BLT on all of the obvious spots, no leaks!
Dropped off my black box and a tactrix cable to @IHeartMyHonda for a new fuel map since the addition of the 14b was leaning out the engine and causing fuel cut.

The bad:
A substantial leak just started coming from what looks like the T-case or transmission. Wasn't able to drive the car back to Alabama again, so it's chillin in TN waiting for me and my dad to look at it this weekend. #DSMlife, amirite?

The Ugly:
Taking the car on a test drive to the local store to pick up a single tomato, the car was driving weird. Making a lot of road noise and some intermittent shaking of the wheel. When we got to the store, drivers side front wheel's lug-nuts were literally FINGER tight. Scary moment right there, I tightened them as much as I could with a breaker bar and drove home to tighten them with the torque wrench.

All a part of a normal weekend, right ROFL

Well, luckily I was able to get further under the car this weekend.
Turns out the leak wasn't from a leaky transmission or t-case, but actually just a mangled rack and pinion.
While the price tag of one of those new still hurts a bit, its much better than the headaches that come with a problem related to the trans or t-case.

Oh, and I got new lugnuts for my wheels, which is likely how the rack broke in the first place... Very nice

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back