The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1994 fwd tsi axle question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark90gst

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 15, 2005
Near Hartford, Connecticut
i have a 1994 tsi fwd 5-speed, and need to replace the passenger side axle, well i found an axle i had hanging around and decided to throw it in, but it didnt fit in the tranny, the 1994 has a bigger shaft where it goes in the diff, I called napa and it shows the same part numbers for all 1g's axles. so i call the local race shop here in ct, and they said they never heard of anything like this, so just wondering if anyone knows why my trans has bigger axles? i put over 50 axles in 1gs and never seen this

anybody? no ideas? well mabye i will get my axle rebuilt somewhere if i cant get a new one, this is odd..

All AWD's have the smaller diamater axles.

90 through mid 92 FWD's have the smaller diamater axles.

Mid 92 and up through 99 FWD's have the larger diamater axles.

What Part number did napa give you? For my 91 with the small axles the part numbers were 7934 and 7935 I think.

yeah, i knew there was a difference! napa only has one part number for all the 1g's fwd, i knew there were two different axles in these fwd cars. thanks for the info! so where do you guys buy your axles? how are the driveshaft shop axles? any body use them? they look really good. thanks for the input.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back