The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1992 Talon TSI 6/4 AUTO

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I spot a deal for a good intake I will have one. I have a JMF Drag intake, but it is for a 2g head, which I run on my Red 90 Talon.
Right now I am only on gate pressure (33#'s), soon to pop her up to 40+. When I get to 35 and over, it really starts to get with it. I will probably break in the motor for another 500 miles or so and then put my MBC on it and see how she likes more boost. The tune isn't perfect yet so I don't want to push too hard, but many would say THIRTY POUNDS, DAM hehehe. I started the fresh motor on 30 pounds boost and just left it while I work out the bugs in my tuning. It is almost time to turn the limiter up to 9k.
Thanks for following along!!!
Marty

When I spot a deal for a good intake I will have one. I have a JMF Drag intake, but it is for a 2g head, which I run on my Red 90 Talon.
Right now I am only on gate pressure (33#'s), soon to pop her up to 40+. When I get to 35 and over, it really starts to get with it. I will probably break in the motor for another 500 miles or so and then put my MBC on it and see how she likes more boost. The tune isn't perfect yet so I don't want to push too hard, but many would say THIRTY POUNDS, DAM hehehe. I started the fresh motor on 30 pounds boost and just left it while I work out the bugs in my tuning. It is almost time to turn the limiter up to 9k.
Marty
and i thought my gate spring was high (23psi spring) LOL id look for the right intake for your setup. i wouldnt put anything more on it that a race intake unless your making a track only car. big huge intake and big ole cams make stalling an auto car a total pita LOL.

Yep, she is a little laggy but Jesus, when she lights, hold on! Since I try to clean up the classifieds as part of my MOD duties, I see some, I just never even thought about a intake. Sure wish I had got a 1g JMF, but at the time, my Red 90 was still running and running very good with a 2g head. I will just have to save and wait and watch. It's not a problem to change to one and I bet the r's would go to the moon!
Thanks for the comment!!!

Marty

Oh it's coming along nicely don't rush it. You've done a great job with it! Keep at it at your own pace :)

Well I finally got the time to do the fuel pump. The cute Wally 255 was doing her best. The Hellcat pump went right in, no difference and I can't even hear it. Nice to have good flow with out the "howl", LOL.
Having trouble with knock on my crappy 91 octane at WOT. I have the cruise and idle all nice and comfy.
Welded in the exhaust cutout also, so I can here the stereo while driving her to work for a half hour. Not that the stereo sounds any better than the sound of a HX40 whirling!!!:thumb:

Nope, no 93. No E85. The local stations tank needs repair so I doubt I have a close source anytime soon. Closest E station is 90 miles away, but I haul fuel that far if needed. Next trip, I'm taking a 55 gallon barrel because she LOVES E!!!! I really would like to go to the track ONCE before it closes this year, just need that WOT tune to work better.

Nope, no 93. No E85. The local stations tank needs repair so I doubt I have a close source anytime soon. Closest E ststion is 90 miles away, but I haul fuel that far if needed. Next trip, I'm taking a 55 gallon barrel because she LOVES E!!!! I really would like to go to the track ONCE before it closes this year, just need that WOT tune to work better.
That sucks. Even down here in nowhere Alabama every station sells 93. And if i'm lucky i'll run across a few stations that sells E85, and I've even seen a couple that even sell barrels of Sunoco 100 or 105 race gas.

Too bad I can't use any of it for spoolin' yet...

ONCE you put E in and throw 4-5* (or more) of timing across the board, you will no longer drive PAST that station :sneaky:
I was running just over 20* at 7800 in a log from my red Talon I was just looking at, and was flowing 55 lbs/min of air. She ran GREAT, wish I could get her up and running again.

The Red Talon crank pulley came loose and screwed the pooch. 2k in repairs. It needs new rings and bearings while I have it apart. Bearings...cheap. Rings...not so cheap. Manley. Boy if she were running too, I'd be in DSM heaven. 2 monster 4 cylinders and 1 daily turbo DSM. And here's the kicker, Red, White and Blue baby!!! Love to line them up in my big yard for a photo shoot!
The red car has alot of videos but the take down of a low 11 SBC 66 Malibu was a highlight....no video tho. Had my older son with me that night. The younger son is the videographer LOL.

Well I finally got the time to do the fuel pump. The cute Wally 255 was doing her best. The Hellcat pump went right in, no difference and I can't even hear it. Nice to have good flow with out the "howl", LOL.
Having trouble with knock on my crappy 91 octane at WOT. I have the cruise and idle all nice and comfy.
Welded in the exhaust cutout also, so I can here the stereo while driving her to work for a half hour. Not that the stereo sounds any better than the sound of a HX40 whirling!!!:thumb:
If you want some feedback, or advice with the tune I'd be willing to look at it. Don't mind helping out.

This just wasn't me...
20191020_121842.jpg

Soooo, I changed it to something more like me!
20191020_122305.jpg

A whole $8.75 at my Walgreens.
Thats MUCH better! At least for me :thumb:
Just had to share, my car means alot to me. :)
Marty

Adding a EBC and a Fuel PSI sensor in preparation for tuning to get the girl up on her best capabilities! I am certainly excited and ambitious to have it "maybe" finished...?
Stay tuned for updates and thanks for hanging in there with me. It won't make it to the track this season but I am fine with just daily driving as I want, anytime, anywhere. :thumb:
More to come.

Adding a EBC and a Fuel PSI sensor in preparation for tuning to get the girl up on her best capabilities! I am certainly excited and ambitious to have it "maybe" finished...?
Stay tuned for updates and thanks for hanging in there with me. It won't make it to the track this season but I am fine with just daily driving as I want, anytime, anywhere. :thumb:
More to come.
im in the same boat. no track this year for me but im gonna get some more street miles while i can before i take the dash back out to get the cage in. really digging what you did with that little wooden shelf LOL. you going to bring the blue one to ohio for shootout?

I would love to but its a dam expensive drive as I would trailer her because #DSMLUCK. :)
Thanks for the compliment. That is my gun rack and you cant see the car very well when I have my rifles and shotguns on it :oops:

I would love to but its a dam expensive drive as I would trailer her because #DSMLUCK. :)
Thanks for the compliment. That is my gun rack and you cant see the car very well when I have my rifles and shotguns on it :oops:
i see it now LOL i wasnt quite awake yet when i first looked at it LOL i need a rack for mine. my poor ar just sits leaning in the corner of the bedroom. i was gonna say if you guys came to shootout next year we could do a little auto hx40 run down the track LOL

Well I am ALWAYS DOWN FOR A LITTLE FUN!!!
Thanks for the offer. I would LOVE to do the shootout just once (to get me hooked) :thumb:
I do have a dam good trailer. I will see how much $$ I can save and still own 3 Hot DSM's
I wish I could trailer 2 at a time!

Took BOTH DSM's to town, no one out. We were lurking tho......

Sometimes, in Mexico, when people with fast cars ask ya to "come out and play" you just have to.... because ...#rep points!
Such as tonite.....I warmed her up and took the call out up. Sorry no video of the "Get Down", my man had to work tonite. My oldest son was riding in the EVO so he got a good look at the back side of a 92 Talon on minimum octane tune.
Better things to come with a tune VERY SOON.
Stay Tuned !!!! :)

Hmm. No video.....

Had to shorten it up....sorry
My Oldest son Matt and my grandson Ayden were riding in the EVO! :D
BIG FMIC and no front bumper made it look menacing!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back