The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1992 AWD Talon, opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsuman

Probationary Member
Jan 20, 2002
Hello all, new to 1st gen dsm, not new to tuning.

Im looking at picking up a awd talon locally. body is decent, interior is ok. 226k miles. car runs good.

guy is willing to take 2200 for it. is this a decent deal?

thanks all for help in getting my first 1st gen!

depends on how good the car is mechanically.

i paid 3200 for mine a year ago, interior was mint and car was almost bone stock. ( amazing right? ) it also only had 68k miles.

personally 2200 is about right if not a little high depending on what is on the car.

look for receipts, do the various engine health tests, AND CHECK FOR RUST... and water leaks in the weather stripping.

Most mechanical parts are still available. the "cosmetic" parts are becoming discontinued, I would look for the old car problems before I look for any of the regular car problems.

If its in nice running condition and no (or easily fixed surface rust...) 2.2k is a nice price. maybe talk it down to 2k.

With that many miles i'd look elsewhere. Its hard to find one of these cars that hasn't been rode hard and put up wet. If the engine/ tranny has been rebuilt in the past or it has some decent mods it might be worth it. I paid 1,500 for a 93 talon tsi with aftermarket parts to make the car go deep into the 11's. I'd looks for a little while before jumping on it.

thanks everyone for your help. i decided to pass on this one but keeping my eyes wide open. cant wait to get back into this. i have a 95 eclipse gs which i learned everything on. i added a turbo to the car but eventually broke it down back to stock.

i've built a civic hatch. 1.8, LA sleeves, JE pistons eagle rods. "silver surfer" t3/t4. supertech valve train. car pushed 350 whp on 12 psi pump gas unfortunately had to sell shortly after due to losing my job.

now, 4 years later, looking to get back into things but trying to do things a little smarter. as easy as the civic was to work on, i had a really hard time getting traction. and it wa so frustrating to have all this power and not be able to hook up. so hopefully i can find something soon. got the itch.

I searched Craigslist and the marketplace on this site every day for about a year before finding my car. Its hard at times to walk away because you just want a DSM so bad but just be patient. If you keep looking and don't get impatient you will eventually find the right DSM for you; just keep your hopes up;)

man, its so hard to find a decent awd dsm! no wonder why everyone goes honda. there 1000 of them for the picking.

someone convince me to stay awd. i can build a civic with my eyes closed. but grip is a bi***.

a bit discouraging though being unable to find more then 3-4 in orange county/LA

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back