The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1991 TSI AWD restoration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyz

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2010
Santa Rosa, California
So I picked up this TSi that needed some love. I traded a 1995 Miata for it so no cash changed hands. The interior is pretty trashed and the engine was knocking. Turns out the crank pulley only had two bolts holding it. I only noticed after I pulled the engine to install a new to me engine I got off CL for 500.
As far as the interior goes there was no radio and no HVAC controls. The pannels are a combination of brown, tan, and grease.

To address this I found a parts car. It is a 1992 TSI AWD with only 68k on the clock. It was wrecked in 1997 and has been sitting ever since in a tow yard. Alot of the pannel are faded but everything is there and once I installed a battery it fired right up. It idled fine and the AC was still blowing cold. The interior photos are after I started to take everything apart. The engine pics are of how it was when I got it.View attachment 2389

View attachment 2390

View attachment 2391

View attachment 2392

It has been slow going lately. I had to have surgery to repair a tendon in my hand, and its been rainning for days now. With the rain I need to have a working heater. So I managed to get enought of the dash installed so the heater and vent controls are working.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back