The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

16892780078008510887335942595053.jpg
16892780248657765629566525373914.jpg
Took vehicle to alignment shop yesterday. Need new front rack and pinion before they can start on it. I could tell but totally forgot cause the place is literally up the street and overlooked it/didn't think about it. I'm just so concerned about the rear.

I ordered one from rockauto yesterday. My aem fpr kit came in just now from map. My 2g maf609 and harness adapter arrived just now as well. I'm going to remove ecu here in a few and get it overlooked and install ecmlink. I'll try to send it out to them tomorrow.

I purchased the wrong hatch strut/lift. It'll cost too much to send back and the refund won't be worth it. I am looking to see if I can find a ball stud with the proper length or will I have to modify the strut to fit.

My original has the rounded torx bolt up top and I purchased the strut that accepts a ball stud.

I replaced the rack and pinion & got my vehicle aligned. it feels great. They mentioned some one misaligned the front subframe a bit so the vehicle has a slight pull to the right. It's not bad but I'll have to get under there to see what they're talking about. I was told to align the sub frame correctly and they'll fix the alignment. I only removed the transfer case, exhaust and sway bar. I don't know.

My vehicle builds a lot of pressure in the tank and with carbon filter removed, I checked the line. It was capped off so I placed the stock hose back on the hard line and have it pointing downwards like my silver gst. That should solve the pressure issue.

I drove for a good 20 mins and my fuel pump started crying. It sounds so ugly and I took it straight home. It's so loud. On inital start up and up to those 20 mins I never hear it. But as soon as I did I ran home. I don't want to test it, I'll remove it and check the sock and condition. Previous owner said he replaced it. It may be a walbro. I use detcheworks dw300 on my silver gst and will pick up another to replace this one here soon.

Other than that, it rides great and still in action.
20230810_152117.jpg

This past weekend I made time and replaced the fuel pump that was screaming at me. I still had fuel so maybe the sock was clogged up. I don't remember my oem filter looking like this when I replaced it on my other dsm.
20230828_182453.jpg
20230828_182439.jpg
20230828_182436.jpg

These walbro fit pretty snug & just like stock on the oem fuel neck. My DeatschWerks dw350 doesn't of course so I had to cut the neck a bit and use the hose that came with it to connect it.i wired it up and primed it, and it started up perfectly fine. I let it run for a bit to check for leaks and everything seems fine. I haven't taken it out for a good drive in a minute cause it's soo soo hot in Texas right now. Maybe I'll give it a spin tomorrow afternoon.

Drove the vehicle yesterday to the transmission shop. They told me another two weeks. I'm in no rush, plus they are my uncles friends and I don't want to come off rude.

This vehicle drove perfectly fine and my new fuel pump didn't make a sound throughout the trip. My volk crossmember was waiting for me at the front door as i returned.

Today I went ahead and tackled it out. I used this guide. Volk 1g crossmember install guide

It didn't take long at all. The difference in situation compared to the guide was that I had an engine inside already. Getting the front mount bracket to the crossmember wasn't difficult, I just had to raise the engine by the front mount bracket. I had it on the oil pan to keep the height the same but I believe I had to go up a tiny bit more so the bolt could pass through(mount on crossmember). I didn't want to raise it up by the pan. Here are a few pictures of the adventure.
20230901_141941.jpg
20230901_141950.jpg
20230901_145413.jpg
20230901_151752.jpg
20230901_151827.jpg
20230901_151833.jpg
20230901_151840.jpg
20230901_152953.jpg

20230901_142013.jpg

20230901_145410.jpg

I purchased a boost gauge from ebay and I finally got around to installing it. I had purchased a manual boost controller as well. I went for a drive to see the gauge function and it doesn't. The lights work but not the gauge. It was missing a pin inside that moves the needle when air comes in.

I got a refund and purchased a different from Amazon. Tested it before hand and decided I didn't want to re do the wiring so I solder the ends of the new cable to the plug of the defected gauge so I would have to do much. Works great now. I went driving yesterday and did about 7 stops until I got it around 14psi. I think it's at its limit before fuel cut. I never hit it but I read that's about it.

I'll probably mark it with white marker and move a bit more to see if I can squeeze out some more air before the cut. Vehicle feels.great and drives strong.

20240205_140346.jpg
20240207_074610.jpg
20240207_075024.jpg
20240207_075052.jpg
20240207_075058.jpg

Yes my gauge is by my lap. I don't want to remove the vents because It'll take from the stock look. I purchased two of these 3d printed vent things from a site online. They came out alright but not something I'd install in this car. The old gauge was missing a pin that holds the two swinging arms. I just put a small piece of solder to hold it but it won't be accurate without the original pin. I just wanted to show you guys. The solder is twisted if you can't see it immediately.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back