The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welcome back to dsm. Nice score. How many miles? What’s the backstory on this find?
Never seen a 1ga in candy apple. Gives it a more classic look. Leather seats? Those cheese slicer wheels have become so rare now, they’re back in style. Let’s get some more pics of this “before” state, so we can compare when you’re done.

74,500 original miles. It was a 2 owner car that a car dealer bought from the 2nd owners estate. I saw the car listed for sale that was shared onto numerous DSM sites. The car was originally blue and the 2nd owner bought it in I believe 1993 with 18,000 miles on it and had the local Mitsubishi dealer paint it this color. I believe it is the 93 Eagle Talon red. It does not have leather seats. It has a few issues that can be expected with a 32 year old car. Sunroof has a leak I need to figure out, Factory stereo and speakers are shot, sun visors were taken off and were beyond cleaning so were thrown away. Driver door rubber is missing all the way around and the speedometer cable is squeaking. Besides that it looks as good in person as in the pics. Oh and the valve cover gasket was leaking. I fixed that this past weekend.

20230316_183931.jpg

Will post a picture tomorrow. Installed a BT double din head unit this evening. Used a wiring harness but had to install a ground wire to make it work for some reason. I could not figure out how the factory unit was working unless the ground was included in the wiring harness coming from the amp which I did not use any of those wires.

I believe the turbo is blowing smoke. I will have to check it out when I have time. If so I will replace it with a Big 16g. I have already bought a walbro 255, rewire kit, FPR, and a 2g exhaust manifold. I will install the fuel pump and FPR before I mess with the turbo. And I will port and polish the manifold so it will be ready to install when I change the turbo out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back