The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1991 Galant VR-4 88/2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gives me hope for my Green. It's not a UHF, but hopefully I can hit some similar numbers. I bet it freakin' rips with the G4CS pushing that turbo. 52 lbs/min on 22lbs is insane.

Also: gotta get a video of a 1-3rd rip. Or even a 1-2 pull.

Gives me hope for my Green. It's not a UHF, but hopefully I can hit some similar numbers. I bet it freakin' rips with the G4CS pushing that turbo. 52 lbs/min on 22lbs is insane.

Also: gotta get a video of a 1-3rd rip. Or even a 1-2 pull.
I’ve never had an FP series turbo before, so this is my first and only experience with it, but I must say it is truly incredible for its size. I ordered the turbo quite early on in the build and always doubted my decision of not going with a red or bigger but to me it is the perfect middle ground for a street turbo I’m able to pump up into 30+ psi on ethanol and I can’t see any reason I would need more yet.

I’d be happy to get a video you’ll have to check back here soon

I’ve never had an FP series turbo before, so this is my first and only experience with it, but I must say it is truly incredible for its size. I ordered the turbo quite early on in the build and always doubted my decision of not going with a red or bigger but to me it is the perfect middle ground for a street turbo I’m able to pump up into 30+ psi on ethanol and I can’t see any reason I would need more yet.

I’d be happy to get a video you’ll have to check back here soon

They’re installing an e85 pump like 40 mins from me so honestly I think my plan is the same as yours. 20-22lbs on 93 Oct, and 30 on E85 just to see what she makes. Quite confident I’ll need a 4 spider diff to handle the power though. Cross that bridge when I come to it though. :p

And honestly I think way too many people are going with turbos that are way too big because for some reason there’s this idea that only big turbos go fast. Guys ran 10’s on 16Gs back in the day, so with modern tech and tuning knowledge a mid/smaller sized turbo should be an amazing street setup.

Too many guys out there with 6266+ sized turbos barely, barely breaking 10’s in a gutted tin can with a side exit exhaust. I’d be happy with high-mid 11’s in my full weight, full interior, A/C having street car.

They’re installing an e85 pump like 40 mins from me so honestly I think my plan is the same as yours. 20-22lbs on 93 Oct, and 30 on E85 just to see what she makes. Quite confident I’ll need a 4 spider diff to handle the power though. Cross that bridge when I come to it though. :p

And honestly I think way too many people are going with turbos that are way too big because for some reason there’s this idea that only big turbos go fast. Guys ran 10’s on 16Gs back in the day, so with modern tech and tuning knowledge a mid/smaller sized turbo should be an amazing street setup.

Too many guys out there with 6266+ sized turbos barely, barely breaking 10’s in a gutted tin can with a side exit exhaust. I’d be happy with high-mid 11’s in my full weight, full interior, A/C having street car.
Couldn’t have said it better. You’ll be happy with the green I’m sure. You’ll love the UHF if you ever choose to upgrade too. My buddy sent in his old regular red and they stuffed the UHF turbine wheel into it so it might be something to ask them about.

IMG_9374.jpeg

I'd like to touch on the AFR wave issue quickly, since it has become a major problem for a lot of people in the last few years and people are probably finding this thread searching it. It's unrelated to global scaling. Global scaling, by definition, would move all the peaks and valleys up or down the same amount, it can't affect the RPM based (harmonic) error. It is a lower pulsewidth problem. By the time boost really kicks in it goes away. Since Global should be tuned almost entirely by higher RPM WOT data, global remains mostly unaffected by this. I say mostly because there is, sometimes, still some affect on Global. Often a car that can't run anywhere near the Global the large injectors should mathematically requires, will be able to after fixing this. But primarily, this issue is going to affect your VE tuning (you can simply transfer the wave from AFR to the VE table if you try to tune around it, but it's still there), and your Deadtime tuning (since deadtime primarily affects low pulsewidth operation, where this problem lies). Some cars have a mild case of this and it runs and drives fine and no one ever notices it. Others have it so bad it's not even possible to tune around it if you wanted to. Most cars never have it at all. But it's becoming increasingly common with all the combos out there running large injectors and stock or small fuel lines. I run into it at least weekly. Many tuners don't even bother to tune the low end properly and will never run into this, but unexplained driveability issues will be there. Once you know about it, it's easier to recognize in your own setup if you should run into it. I'll update that page on my site at some point, it's a few years old already.

I'd like to touch on the AFR wave issue quickly, since it has become a major problem for a lot of people in the last few years and people are probably finding this thread searching it. It's unrelated to global scaling. Global scaling, by definition, would move all the peaks and valleys up or down the same amount, it can't affect the RPM based (harmonic) error. It is a lower pulsewidth problem. By the time boost really kicks in it goes away. Since Global should be tuned almost entirely by higher RPM WOT data, global remains mostly unaffected by this. I say mostly because there is, sometimes, still some affect on Global. Often a car that can't run anywhere near the Global the large injectors should mathematically requires, will be able to after fixing this. But primarily, this issue is going to affect your VE tuning (you can simply transfer the wave from AFR to the VE table if you try to tune around it, but it's still there), and your Deadtime tuning (since deadtime primarily affects low pulsewidth operation, where this problem lies). Some cars have a mild case of this and it runs and drives fine and no one ever notices it. Others have it so bad it's not even possible to tune around it if you wanted to. Most cars never have it at all. But it's becoming increasingly common with all the combos out there running large injectors and stock or small fuel lines. I run into it at least weekly. Many tuners don't even bother to tune the low end properly and will never run into this, but unexplained driveability issues will be there. Once you know about it, it's easier to recognize in your own setup if you should run into it. I'll update that page on my site at some point, it's a few years old already.
Thanks for the clarification Kevin. The solution you gave me got me by.

Here’s my fuel system to clarify for anyone reading:

Tank - stock feed line - 6AN as it enters the bay - fuel lab filter - 10AN line filter to rail (extra long) - dampener - FIC fuel rail - 10AN line to regulator - 6AN to bottom of engine bay - stock return line to tank.

This worked for 1440 FIC injectors and an FP Green UHF @ 52 lb/min on a 2.4L engine

This is why I went to 8AN feed and 6AN return due to the "wave" when I was tuning with @Kevin Jewer. We haven't tuned again yet but the car gets plenty of fuel now and I'd recommend upgrading your fuel lines to really FIX the issue.
I added extra line for less volume loss on demand but no matter how I tried to "work around it", it came down to bigger lines both ways for me.
Marty

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back