The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Sold 1991 Eagle Talon TSI project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumOne

Probationary Member
Apr 17, 2017
Brighton, Colorado
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Hey guys so time has come to sell my Talon and I’m hoping to sell to a member here, someone who has the experience to turn this into either a daily driver or a true race car/track beast. Before I say anything else, this car will have to be towed away on a flat bed. The car has been sitting and not running probably close to a year now. The car has ran fine and fast before I put it on jack stands so I know nothing is wrong with the motor. I’ve driven it from Denver to Brighton many times. The compression numbers were all just about the same, no major drops in either cylinder. I put it on jack stands because I stripped the holes for the oil return line in the pan. I wanted to tap the pan obviously off the car for new matching bolts and tap. As you know in order to remove the oil pan you have to take the transfer case out, down pipe, driver side axel, and in doing so, I realize all of my bushings on the driver side are shot. So I replaced all of them. New control arm, new tie rod inner and outer, and sway bar link. All Moog except the control arm is a Precision. The passenger side needs a new control arm and might as well replace all the other bushings.

Mods include:
HKS 3” cat back exhaust welded to cat(I have a 3” down pipe I will include)
VRSF FMIC with some heat wrap on the J pipe
FIC 650cc fuel injectors
Walboro 255 fuel pump
AEM fuel pressure regulator
Hallman boost controller
Greedy BOV
Brand new NGK BPR6ES plugs and NGK wires
Triple pod pillar has a Glowshift Exhaust temp gauge, Glowshift oil pressure gauge, and a store bought boost gauge
AEM air fuel ratio gauge that I have built a custom mounting location for under neath the radio
OMNI power 4(5?) bar MAP sensor
Steel braided brake lines
Brand new BFGoodrich g-Force Sport comp-2 tires 225/50ZR16(these tires are SICK)
3’ to 2.5’ O2 housing with heat wrap
New Bosch O2 sensor
New WIX oil filter
New Valvoline VR1 20W-50 racing oil(only oil ever ran in this car)
New 75W-90 gear oil in the transfer case
New alternator
New coolant hoses
New and better coolant cap with a latch
New brake pads
New intake manifold gaskets
New wastegate actuator
I forget what kind of clutch it has, but it’s definitely an aftermarket uprgraded one. Nothing crazy, but it’s heavy and built for abuse. Some kind of unsprung one, that’s all I remember off the top of my head.
Stock small 16G turbo with new crush washers
Custom power block distributor mounted on the back of the glove box for easy access. For the gauges
The fans have been wired to run at the same time when they turn on
I even have a new Eagle emblem for the front of the car because the stock one is cracked
The car received a paint job from Mint Performance in Denver when I bought the car. The whole car is plum colored. Very unique I don’t think any one else has this color scheme.
Dark tint all the way around
I even steam cleaned all of the seats and carpet in the car
NO cracks or chips in windshield
Interior could use some love. The headliner is torn and the dash has the usual cracks above the glove box
And probably the most important upgrade of all, this car HAS ECM link
The car needs an intake pipe for the turbo
My plan was to replace all the bushings, build a custom intake/cold air intake for the turbo(fender well location) siphon all the old gas out, put fresh 91 inside, and start tuning. I have to sell it because it’s been sitting in my dads garage for too long now and he wants it gone. I’ve put countless time, money, and hours in this car to get it close to spec of what’s expected to make these cars run fast and strong. I’m hoping I can get something around the $3500 range, I paid more than 5k when I first bought it and that’s when the car was stock before the paint job and all those mods I listed. I’m willing to work on the price but I’ve put a lot of parts and custom work in so I just want a decent price to show for the amount of time and upgrades I’ve put in.
This car has 127,xxx miles
5 speed manual transmission
It’s makes me very sad to see this car go, it’s very unique and I know it can be turned into a little 4 cylinder rocket in the right hands. I had plans to build everything including the engine but I can’t keep her any longer. Car is located in Brighton, Colorado. You’ll have to come by to see it. Seriously you guys can ask me ANYTHING about the car because I’m sure I’m forgetting stuff. Available for showing Wednesday’s and Thursdays after 5pm and Saturdays and Sundays. Come take a look if you’re interested.

Shoot me a text at 72zero331zero478 with any questions

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back