The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1991-1994 in a 1990

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetraceboi

Sep 4, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
there is this guy on ebay that is selling a tranny for a 1991-1994 gst. i was wondering if it would fit my 1990 gst. would it fit, and what would be the differences?

well thats a little odd, because the 91 has a different bolt pattern than a late 92-94, the late 92-94 has a 7 bolt and the 90-March 92 have a 6 bolt. E-mail him and ask him if he knows exact what year or how many bolt it is. You have a 6 bolt if its the stock engine nd tranny.

Correct me if im wront, because i know its this way on the AWD models, but I know you have a FWD, correct?

yeah,its a fwd model, i will be sure to ask him though

You'll need to swap out your shift linkage onto the new trans. Other than that You'll have no problems. I believe your axles will fit in the newer trans. All dsm trannies bolt up to the block whether it be 6 or 7 bolt, so that's not an issue.

The reason he listed the years 1991-94 is because that's the years it will directly bolt into. It will only fit in a 90 if you switch over the shift linkage because it's different on 90 cars only.

you can modify your linkage alot... im running 90 shifter/cables/tranny mounts on a 92 (6 bolt) with only 1 modification to the tranny mount. you just have to play with it and measure/modify untill you crack it. on the other hand, if your looking for 92 stuff, i can sell you a ton of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back