The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

1990 tsi awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok guys, new to the forum, and looking for some guidance. I bought a rust free 1990 tsi awd 5 speed. It's missing alot of stuff under the hood as it's been used as a parts source at buschurs for a lil while I believe. Anyways I started buying parts and here's my journey so far. The car already is set up for e85. And has everything minus some interior and these parts under the hood: intake/exhaust manifolds, turbo, injectors, cams, intercooler, starter, intake, exhaust, and battery. The previous owner sold me some (I believe) hks 272 cams, a set of fic1100 injectors, a fmic and plumbing, halman boost controller, and a starter. I so far have bought the following for parts: a complete 1993 laser rs turbo with a big 16g Chinese turbo, (with a bunch of miscellaneous parts in the trunk), a 1g eprom ecu with 1g ecmlink v3, a battery, a 2g maf, and a 16g turbo off of curt brown's 2g. The turbo is ported and polished and the wastegate is welded closed, has a custom made downpipe (or whatever you want to call it) that eliminates the dumptube from the internal wastegate, and a 38mm Tial sport wastegate. I'm currently looking at buying the rev9 cast exhaust manifold with the 38mm 2 bolt external wastegate flange. Any advice or redirection? Any ideas on what I can expect to make power-wise when Mike tunes it on our dyno? I'm desperately reaching out to everyone I know in the dsm game and not getting much help or direction during all of this. Thanks in advance, a guy desperate for some experienced insight.

Some pics of what I have accumulated thus far

20210718_194027.jpg

20210715_184653.jpg

20210713_123633.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back