The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1990 talon tsi no injector pulse (good voltage) no check engine light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Eaton

Probationary Member
Oct 2, 2018
Bisbee, Arizona
Guys/gals i'm at a loss here got a 90 tsi talon 2.0 turbo have spark, fuel pump all my signals, power to injectors, but no darn injector pulse and no check engine light when you turn the key on. help please

No CEL when you turn the ignition on means either the ECU isn't getting power from the MPI relay or the ECU itself is damaged. All DSM ECU's thave issues with the caps leaking but 90's seem to have a problem with the caps drying out too and shorting so a quick check with the voltmeter to verify the proper MPI behavior them pull the ECU to see what shape it's in.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/1g-basic-ecu-mpi-circuit-function.435961/

That you have power to the injectors is a strong indicator that the MPI is turning on but it's good to double check.

The MRI relay has failed. I removed the cover and am "manually activating" the one half that powers the underhood sensors. That got me back my spark and fuel pump. I want to note the ignition key was severely damaged from an attempt to steal the car before my purchase. So currently the ignition is being cycled with a screwdriver since i'm waiting on the new ignition tumbler and replacement MPI relay

I'm going to go through the article you provided and see if that gets me further. Thank you

The MRI relay has failed.

Failed or not operating?
What does the ECU do when you manually activate it?

If the CEL doesn't turn on and/or the boost gauge doesn't move to 0 the ECU may be the cause of both problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back