The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1990 talon- first dsm need HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990DSMeagle

Probationary Member
Jul 29, 2012
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
well i tade a dirtbike for this car :hellyeah:
its a 1990 talon awd tsi it has new intercooler, 3in exhaust,megan racing coil overs...but it doesnt run well and i have no clue what i should do...it will start but wont idle...barley give it gas and it will rev up:confused:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 94
I would put money on the fact you have some leaks in that intake, from looking at the pic it looks like 3 pieces of rubber hooked together........i think that would be a good place to start. You can get a solid metal intake on ebay(the price you pay will dictate the type of metal you get) for around $60 shipped. This will get you buy for now and make the car tunable, it wont be capable of 500+ hp but you get what you pay for.

well i found out the problem it was the maf...now i need to figure out why the awd isnt working i only got the front wheels working...i will be doin more mods over time

more than likely the transfer case is broken or check your driveshaft and rear dif to make sure thats all good to good too! if its your transfer case its cheap to get a new one and easy as hell to put on so youll be in luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back