The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1990 Talon Budget Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

School Boy

Proven Member
Oct 31, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
So I came across a good deal on a Talon TSI AWD roller so I bought it. It doesn't look like much but it was a Texas car and it is in very good shape. There is zero rust anywhere on the body and the underside is very clean for the year. It has some minor suspension upgrades, short throw shifter, front mount intercooler and some other little stuff like that. The previous owner also converted the rear to the 92-94 style tail lights and spoiler, which I think looks pretty cool. This build isn't going to be anything crazy, just a fun winter/daily. Here are a few pics...

My personal favorite 1g bodywork combo, popup and 1gb talon rear, just missing 1gb talon side skirts. Very interested in seeing how this build is going to proceed.

My personal favorite 1g bodywork combo, popup and 1gb talon rear, just missing 1gb talon side skirts. Very interested in seeing how this build is going to proceed.

Thanks man! I personally love this combo as well. The guy I bought it from did a nice job at filling in the holes from the other spoiler. The only thing I need are the side skirts like you said and then I will have the whole car painted gloss black.

Just a little update. I got the car back from paint today. Here's a couple quick pics I took. I should have this thing up and running in the next couple weeks.

I haven't updated in a while because I've been super busy. I got the motor in last weekend. I'm waiting on my 1990 shifter arms and cable bracket to come in from JNZ and I can put them on the trans and get the trans in the car. In the mean time I need to have my flywheel resurfaced and stepped correctly. After I get all that back and in the car I can put the 14b on and the rest of the turbo system on and fire this thing up fir the first time.

Quick pic of the motor in the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back