The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 1990 Plymouth Laser RS N/T A/T no 1st Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rwaggs

Probationary Member
Oct 4, 2015
Jackson, California
My 1990 Plymouth Laser rs n/t with auto trans will not move from a dead standstill. If the car is on an incline and i get it rolling it will go but take off is rough. I can disconnect the TCU and it will go in limp mode. I then made a toggle shift box to try to shift and no first gear. The car will take off when i set the toggles to every other gear but 1st . Does anyone have any ideas what I should do next. I know nothing about transmissions and have been using this site as my source of info. Please Help.

Bet the TCU is shot if you have to unplug it to enter limp mode to move the thing.

How is the fluid and did someone shoved in Dextron which is a big "no-no" to use for DSM trannies?

No magic cure will be found here - just a lot of tips to listen to.

Good Luck - DSM

Bet the TCU is shot if you have to unplug it to enter limp mode to move the thing.

How is the fluid and did someone shoved in Dextron which is a big "no-no" to use for DSM trannies?

No magic cure will be found here - just a lot of tips to listen to.

Good Luck - DSM
The fluid looks good and I don't think its the TCU because I tried putting in a different one and it still did the same thing. I also made a shift box to activate the solenoids manually and not use the TCU and the only gear I could not go into was 1st. I'm thinking about pulling the Tranny out and opening it up to see if I can see anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back