The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1990 Eclipse rescue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdabishop

Proven Member
Nov 9, 2012
mesa, Arizona
So Ive had my eye on this car for awhile and I was finally able to pick it up without getting rid of my 2g. The car was purchased from an older guy in the middle of nowhere and he was slowly letting it go to crap it has/had some pretty nasty oil leaks and he screwed up a lot of the wiring wich for me makes this a rescue. After driving it home found out it had a nice list of mods. For those wondering I only paid $1500

Mods:
1g Rods & 2g Pistons
BSE Kit
ARP Hardware
VRSF FMIC
Holset H1C
FIC 1050's
Walbro 255
Xtd 6 puck
GM Maf/Translater
Meth Injection

The only thing that wasnt too nice was the roof and the fact it had no A/C which is fine until it becomes summer in Arizona. Plans are to clean up the wires as well as find a better manfiold with a wastegate because hes been running it without one for awhile.

11qpe34.jpg

9vcw1l.jpg

2quixkl.jpg

27yu52t.jpg

Main goal is it look it all over and make sure itll survive and have a daily/street car.

Last edited:
Alright so not much progress yet as Im trying to get my 2g running properly but lately this has been my daily and its quite streetable.

First thing I decided to do was start cleaning up the bay so I first got rid of the meth injection and starting moving the wires lower. Next Ill probably move the fusebox if I can find a good spot to mount it as well as the coil pack.

jq5ac3.jpg

Next is my t3 manifold and 38mm wastegate and going to run 22psi

90 GST had a black trim and different front and rear bumper than the same year GSX. They became the same with year model 91. I made the same assumption a while ago and was corrected by a 90 GST owner in here (can't remember who, sorry).

OP, are you putting the coil pack back in its stock location? I find that the 1g location is actually quite stealth tucked as it is under the IM. It's always giving me an itch seeing a coil pack randomly thrown in the engine bay!

Awh word, thanks for the info! I was staring at it trying to figure it out, looked at a few google images as well. Still said turbo on the back but no T. Usually try and do a double check, LOL.

Mine had the same sticker before I had it resprayed, even though it is a 91. I don't believe 1G 'GST' formally existed as an official Mitsubishi model denomination, it's more of a contraction of 'GS Turbo'. Come to think about it, the 'GST' it's really a GS with updated pistons and a turbo...

Yes it is a 4g63t according to all the badges on the car. I havent seen a GST in early 1g's and as far as the coilpack Im not even sure where the stock location is LOL.

@service I think im going back to stock location haha

Ok so I decided I wanted to either relocate the battery or mount it on the subframe. I found this JMF Tray and battery for $100 and couldnt pass up the deal. Other then that I havent touched the car as work has been pretty busy but the next thing to do is either switch to a hx35/equivalent or rebuild the h1c that I have currently.

aoqnfp.jpg

I feel as if the holset isnt enough for me. In higher speeds I feel its out of breath so my question is what would be a good turbo that would last me awhile and fulfill the topend?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back