The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1990 Eclipse GSX Brake Booster swap 1995 Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seddy

Probationary Member
May 3, 2021
Burlington, Iowa
Did some digging and found some information that would help solve several issues.
1. Spongy brakes
2. Break Fluid leak
3. Boost gauge is always reading -7

(1. a) Guy I bought it from said the brakes were due for a change, and I found that they were barely worn.

(2. a) Everytime I try to add fluid it either leaks from under and decides not to stay in very long.

(3. a) I did some research and saw that it's not exactly normal for that to occur.

So I went and searched, and found a 95' brake booster, and was wondering if this will install just like any other eclipse booster would?

** I did search here, but couldnt find if this would exactly work **

Also asking if I could use my 90' booster in place for the core charge?

Thanks for any help!

The parts store won't know the difference in boosters but IDK if they interchange. Might look them up on a parts store website and see if the #'s are the same.

The reason I ask is that they both look identical, and it's a bit cheaper. Just didnt know the difference between the 2 although I have found that it does not fit without extra maneuvering.

Thanks guys for the replies!

Accoding to RockAuto, the boosters will interchange on the two different model years. They are the same listing on their website HERE.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back