The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1990 Eagle Talon TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great update guys! :thumb: I finally received my speed density kit! I couldn't wait to get it all installed. So I started by screwing in the IAT sensor into the upper intercooler pipe. I then installed the 4 bar MAP sensor. It is in a very convenient spot. I also got a black 45 degree coupler to get rid of that horrid blue coupler. :hellyeah: After installed everything I went ahead and started boost leak testing. I had no major leaks. I tested at 25 PSI. My throttle body shaft seals and gaskets held great. I did have a small leak from where the FIAV plate goes. I sealed it up with a small amount of RTV. After I got rid of most boost leaks I went ahead and changed my settings in link and decided to go ahead and try a startup. When I started it it kicked on pretty easily. It went much better than I expected. Idle was a little high but I'm sure I just need to work out some of the kinks. I did also start on the fuel pump and just waiting for a sender gasket to go ahead and finish the job. Here is a video of first startup and some pics! Enjoy! :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M-cY8NSRnI

First time the talon has seen some sun in a long while! :cool:

null_zps39add99e.jpg

null_zpsb5f309a7.jpg

null_zpsd7100333.jpg

null_zpseefabed7.jpg

null_zpsc37ba98d.jpg

null_zps06cff928.jpg

null_zps14efa0d1.jpg

Have you given any thought into painting/coating or swapping out the stock exhaust manifold? The rest of the bay is getting clean and it's starting to become an eyesore LOL

Have you given any thought into painting/coating or swapping out the stock exhaust manifold? The rest of the bay is getting clean and it's starting to become an eyesore LOL

Oh yes of course! I originally wanted to get an FP manifold, but my current budget won't allow it. For the sake of my sanity I'm just gonna leave it for now. Then whenever I decide to go to a different turbo ill probably just ditch the whole setup and get all new parts!

I would just locate a set of upper and lower heat shields for the turbo and manifold in order to keep the alternator happy and the engine bay clean...

Finally got some stuff in. I'm waiting on the some 10 gauge wire to do the fuel pump rewire. So this weekend I should finish up the fuel pump install and get rid of my 1g o2 housing. The final restriction in my exhaust should be gone after this weekend.

null_zpsea25a4eb.jpg

So how do these springs ride on the street? I'm nervous about doing what you did, lowering my car that far with stock height struts.

Sorry I'm getting back to this so late, but After driving the car for most of the weekend I'm happy to report that these springs give a nice drop and ride very smooth. The shocks rarely bottom out. Keep in mind that these shocks have been on the car for god knows how long. :thumb: I'd definitely recommend them if your trying to save a few dollars and still get a nice drop. :thumb:

Well guys. I finally got around to installing my fuel pump and o2 housing. The install of the o2 was pretty straight forward. The fitment was a little bit of an issue. I am going to get a set of slim fans and have to clock the turbo to get the lower intercooler pipe away from the o2 housing. I then went onto the fuel pump. Everything was going smooth until the stud on the sender where the Walbro power wire goes onto broke. So I had to grind off all of the plastic that holds it to the sender and add a rubber grommet with a new stud. It works well and does not leak but sometimes the power wire will disconnect from the sender. So to remedy this I am going to just run a solid wire through the sender to the pump and remove the stud and seal it up. After the install I took the car out for a spin and a bunch of stuff just decided to take a crap. I was stuck in open loop and was throwing CEL # 0012. Also had a problem with my boost gauge not reading. I gave up for the night and sat on it for a day. Yesterday I decided to start tackling problems one by one. I started the car and it was in closed loop and not throwing the CEL anymore. Maybe the car just needed a nights rest to soak in the new parts, but nonetheless it was running. I now need to rewire the fuel pump and start dialing in everything. I do need to purchase a new boost gauge before I start anything. Here are some pics of how the weekend went.

null_zps802e8fc6.jpg

null_zps49ef8117.jpg

null_zps88349234.jpg

Heres an updated picture of my engine bay.

null_zps66ee895a.jpg

Been a while since I last updated my thread! Here's a bit of news. The talon as of right now is under construction. I'm just got finished with some repairs to the timing side. I was on the verge of tuning when another unexpected problem popped up with the timing side. After that was taken care of I am close to getting my car tuned! I've been on hold for a bit due the funds being scattered to a number of other things that couldn't be ignored. Aside from that I got some small things done! I attended MOD 2013 in So-Cal. It was such a great experience and gave me new life and fresh ideas for the talon. I am now trying to cut as much weight out as I possibly can without turning it into just a shell and motor. I also made the change to e85. It was fairly easy just now my car guzzles down fuel! :) Ill take the trade off for some extra power ;) here's some pics!

null_zpsd7461493.jpg

null_zps1c879e1b.jpg

null_zpse32defd7.jpg

null_zpse8b55fdf.jpg

MOD 2013

null_zps958a145d.jpg

null_zps7481a1c1.jpg

null_zpsb71ef3b4.jpg

null_zpsb71ef3b4.jpg

null_zps12732cf6.jpg

null_zps82b138c0.jpg

null_zps3f441fd1.jpg

null_zps2d6c8597.jpg

null_zpsd88d2674.jpg

null_zps0ab8f666.jpg

null_zps42187c88.jpg

null_zps853a7e94.jpg

null_zps0bcbceaf.jpg

null_zps28ef20fd.jpg

car is coming along nice, not too many builds inspire me to work on my car, but yours does just for the fact that the engine bay looks clean as hell....I broke an axel on mine and the car has been sitting since then for that reason for over a year LOL time to bring it back out

car is coming along nice, not too many builds inspire me to work on my car, but yours does just for the fact that the engine bay looks clean as hell....I broke an axel on mine and the car has been sitting since then for that reason for over a year LOL time to bring it back out

Thanks bud! It honestly takes a lot of patience to work on that's for sure. I always hated broken axle boots. They spit everywhere! It's a real mess to clean up. Make sure you have a couple sets of gloves handy! Thanks again for the kind words!

How nice! I saw your car at MOD 2013, I remember those DOHC polished letters :thumb:

I wish it was my car that you seen at MOD! Unfortunately it was not :( hopefully by next year ill be able to get it up there.

OK, haha well on your pics that valve cover looks as nice as the one I saw. We may meet there next year. I'm new with the DSM I just have litte more than 2 months with my GSX. A lot of work to do but so far I'm satisfy with the car.

Not very much has been going on with the talon. I decided to shed some more weight from the car. I am experiencing some slipping of the clutch under hard acceleration. I figured this would eventually start to happen. I am in the process of saving for a new clutch kit. I finally got rid of my old bleed style boost controller and grabbed a hallman pro rx! I also decided to remove my gauges from the A pilar since it draws a lot of unwanted attention. They have been moved to the center console where the ac controls used to be. Here's some pics.

Big pile of clutter! Dropped weight to 2770 lbs. Not too bad! Removing the dash was a major PITA!! Don't wanna do that again!

Here's some shots of the gauge setup. Also blacked out the dash for fun. Looks pretty nice.

Last edited:
Is just me or there is a problem with the pictures? I just see a photbucket logo.
interested to see those gauges.

You really think it draws that much of attention, is something that can be dangerous? I ask because my plan is to use that same spot.

those gauges looks awesome there! i still want to have AC.

Is just me or there is a problem with the pictures? I just see a photbucket logo.
interested to see those gauges.

You really think it draws that much of attention, is something that can be dangerous? I ask because my plan is to use that same spot.

Sorry about the photo bucket link! I have no idea why it's doing it. I tried uploading the photos via tapatalk. Hopefully they work! I did not like the attention from police when I would drive the car at night. I do like them a lot better in the center console!

those gauges looks awesome there! i still want to have AC.

Some dsmer's put the ac controls under the radio.

Well guys! Got some professional grade pictures of my car about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to get these pictures taken to show how my car looked in detail before I got the paint job done. I was scheduled to paint it on the 7th of September but I decided to replace my clutch. So I rescheduled towards the end of September. I didn't want to drop the tranny and do some heavy work around the fresh paint. So I'm currently doing the clutch job right now. My clutch got to the point where it would slip in almost every gear. I could be in 5th and go wot at 3000 rpms and it would slip. So I basically purchased a whole new setup. I decided to go with a fidanza 8lb flywheel. I didn't have the funds to throw towards a nice quality setup so I settled for an xtd stage 4 pressure plate with their 6 puck disk. I also purchased all new hardware with a new fork and pivot ball. Here are some pictures.

jazu7y8y.jpg

4upenuvu.jpg

4u9esynu.jpg

edyryrag.jpg

u3ytagas.jpg

tequ4anu.jpg

na8umu3a.jpg

za9a2ase.jpg

aguzejug.jpg

u7ehyhyd.jpg

ery9ypyh.jpg

pemanu2y.jpg

eme5e5y7.jpg

sygate9a.jpg

ajeqe3eh.jpg

e4amu8a3.jpg

aze8a9ab.jpg

udaraqez.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back