The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1990 Eagle Talon TSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can't believe it's been over a year since I've posted any kind of update on the talon. During that time is done alot of sitting. Recently I finally started purchasing some parts and got some sweet deals from my buddy pewpewlasers. The goals have changed again. I originally was gonna go with an hx40 with a dsm bep housing. Then I got an opportunity to get another setup. I got a true street performance manifold that will house a holset hx40 super. I will be running 1450cc injectors with a 255 walbro double pumper tuned on link. I still have quite a few parts to have fabbed up. I seriously will do my best to keep the thread up to date within the next couple of months. My goal is to have it done and ready for Racewors 2016 in Sacramento. Here's some pictures of the progress.

20160313_201310.jpg

20160320_153201.jpg

20160320_153226.jpg

20160320_153306.jpg

20160324_141317.jpg

20160324_141343.jpg

20160324_141420.jpg

20160324_141439.jpg

Nice progress, waiting for the goodies makes it all worth it in the end, my 1g talon is finally getting the attention it deserves, mine was also sitting for some time now, but I'm going to make her run right again, get us some more updates man, your making good progress here.

Awesome thread. I have a 90 and wish it was as clean as this. Great build and the detail is beyond the norm. Kudos!!

In case anyone is looking for answers, the quoted post below is a photo of a cannon plug (foreground) and jack (background). They are indeed milspec and aviation uses them extensively. They are quite costly and most of the pins are 22-18 gauge on alot of the ones you find. They have 14 and 12 and even coax for radios and such but it's over kill for all but the highest of vibration environments. I rewired my other project, a 1983 v8 Ford Ranger and used GM weather pack connections. The GM style enables you to use a 24 pin (I think it's 24 pins) bulkhead connector held together with a 1/4 inch bolt. It's the best I have found for affordable and secure custom automotive wiring. PM me any questions you may have about it if you're interested.
If I Pulled my Harness again and did it over I would just add in one thing
Harness2.jpg

THIS ^

I'd Just Run it all threw the Stock place in the Firewall it will be much easier in the End Trust me.

Looking good though you are on the right track. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back