The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD OEM+ Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had to fab a test pipe, the used exhaust I bought didn't come with it.

Fitted, just need to weld it up. Used a resonator for it.

IMG_1336.jpg

Also get some bugs welded, for AIT, Boost reference and vent for the catchcan.

IMG_1335.jpg

Holy Cow man, you have a BEAUTIFUL car! I just now read thru the build and I’m in love with it. When I bought my 90 GSX it had the evo 3 16g as well, I think for these cars it’s one of the most perfect turbos for a street car, instant spool and awesome response between gears, I remember even just cruising in 5th gear I would sometimes have to let off the throttle because the boost wanted to just take off, e85 is where it shines with lots of timing. Good luck with the build, the cars gorgeous :applause:

Holy Cow man, you have a BEAUTIFUL car! I just now read thru the build and I’m in love with it. When I bought my 90 GSX it had the evo 3 16g as well, I think for these cars it’s one of the most perfect turbos for a street car, instant spool and awesome response between gears, I remember even just cruising in 5th gear I would sometimes have to let off the throttle because the boost wanted to just take off, e85 is where it shines with lots of timing. Good luck with the build, the cars gorgeous :applause:

For sure, I love 16G style setups for daily driven cars. These engines don't have any variable cam timing or any other aids to spool turbos and 5K+ spool is just not fun on the street. E85 just gives it a bit extra.

Looking forward to it:thumb:.

I’m also by the way running the General G Max RS tires with no complaints so far, haven’t driven driven them in the snow yet but on asphalt they definitely grip:thumb:

I’m also by the way running the General G Max RS tires with no complaints so far, haven’t driven driven them in the snow yet but on asphalt they definitely grip:thumb:
For the money they are very good. I've tried them before and was pleasantly surprised with grip and road noise.

It's alive! :)

Got it fired up. Still had few minor things to finish.

Got wideband / boost gauge installed.

IMG_0017.jpg

Got a bracket for MAP sensor and got new overflow bottle. Under hood all finished.

IMG_0018.jpg

Car runs, but clutch engagement is shit. Grabs right of the floor. I bled it, but i used aftermarket slave and I think its crap. The fork is centered, master is adjusted. Bled slave as well. Will probably order oem mitsu slave. Also oil pan is leaking from both the drain line and around perimeter in 2 spots, I guess not enough RTV :(

It's alive! :)

Got it fired up. Still had few minor things to finish.

Got wideband / boost gauge installed.

View attachment 675514

Got a bracket for MAP sensor and got new overflow bottle. Under hood all finished.

View attachment 675515

Car runs, but clutch engagement is shit. Grabs right of the floor. I bled it, but i used aftermarket slave and I think its crap. The fork is centered, master is adjusted. Bled slave as well. Will probably order oem mitsu slave. Also oil pan is leaking from both the drain line and around perimeter in 2 spots, I guess not enough RTV :(
Keep head up and push forward. Looking great! Still loving that VC.

Went for the first drive. Put some E85 and had Rix Racing do some remote tuning. Did first pull and insta hit fuel cut and 42psi of boost LOL. The nipple of the wastegate was to close to the intake pipe and cut the line. Bent the nipple a bit and put a braided line and went for another pull. Not too bad, boost control is not dialed in, so only around 22-23 psi, but it's moving. 37lb/min airflow. AFR after some tweaking was 11.8 with E70 in the tank.

I still dont like the clutch / shift feel. Have an OEM master and Slave to install. Got an oil leak around the CAS, probably oring. Overall pretty happy, rest is minor shit.

Outside for the first time in a while!

IMG_0044.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back