The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD OEM+ Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobra 13 inch Rotors with Cobra Calipers with RTM Adapters.

Amazon, 5 Gallons for $80

evaporust.jpg

Got new front case, reused my straight cut oil pump gears. Got oil filter housing installed.

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

Also got a new flange and rear main seal installed.

IMG_0881.jpg

Picked up a 800 mile Evo3 16G Turbo. Got my DSMLink as well.

IMG_0882.jpg

Working on the subframes now. Going to replace the bushings and rebuild the driveshaft.

IMG_0869.jpg

Replaced the cam seals, they were so hard it felt like they were made from plastic.

IMG_0905.jpg

Got the timing belt on as well. I will have to take it apart later, since I still want to replace the lifters and springs and valve stem seals.

IMG_0906.jpg

Got new hardware and new oil pan as well, old was all dented.

IMG_0911.jpg

Small setback. I did a leakdown test on the motor and it was poor with leaks through the exhaust valves. I pulled the head and valves looked pretty crusty, but the worst part was when I removed them. Found a fricking hole in the casting right behind the exhaust valve. So now I need to source a new head.

IMG_0929 (1).jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

I did also rebuild the rear axles, with new boots and grease.

IMG_0928.jpg

On the suspension side, I picked up the Rear Toe Eliminator and got it welded up.

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

Got the head and installed it with ARP studs.

View attachment 665680

View attachment 665681

Amazing stuff man. I can see you're also in Dallas which is neat cuz I'd love to see this thing pop out to a couple meets or something when it's finished! Becuase there is nothing like a well built 1G, and if I ever came across one, I'd sell my 420A in a HEARTBEAT especially as clean as yours is becoming on the inside and already is on the outside!! Proud to see it man.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back