The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD OEM+ Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Didn't do much over the holidays, but did a few things before.

Got a android headunit and also replaced all the speakers.

Stock ones are a bit destroyed.

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

JBL for door and dash. Used nutserts to create mounting points. Upgraded fronts to 6.5, put some mass dampener behind as well.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Rears are Shallow mount Memphis Audio. The JBL's would not fit :(

IMG_0186.jpg

Sounds pretty decent for basic audio stuff. Car is very loud anyway, so no point wasting money on high end stuff.

Second project was to tackle the clutch engagement. Decided to get a new competition clutch work and pivot. I pulled the trans and compared the old fork vs new, there was a bit of wear on the pivot side, also the hole that the slave pushes on is less shallow on the competition one, so it will have a bit extra engagement.

Haven't driven it yet, but it does seem a tad better.

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Noticed that you installed the Innovate SCG. I installed one several weeks ago and am curious what your thoughts are on it. Do you mind sharing your settings for it?

I’m wrestling with what feels like boost cut @ 8psi.

Noticed that you installed the Innovate SCG. I installed one several weeks ago and am curious what your thoughts are on it. Do you mind sharing your settings for it?

I’m wrestling with what feels like boost cut @ 8psi.
Sorry, that is not a SCG, its a PSB1, Boost / Wideband gauge with safety.

I am using ecmlink for boost control, but since I am using E85 and Evo 16G, I can literally just run max boost and not have any care in the world :)

Still dealing with some leaks. Power steering hoses were all leaking, so I replaced them all.

Now the reman rack is leaking from the driver side seal :(, so ordered a warranty replacement.

IMG_0267.jpg

The oil pan turbo return line is leaking still, 3rd time I am replacing the gaskets. I tried factory gaskets, new pan and sealing crush washers for the bolts. It looks that when you tighten the bolts, the center of the gasket is not getting compressed nearly as much as the edges. I think I will double stack the gaskets.

Have you considered replacing the bolts with studs in the pan? Mine leaked for quite a while. Swapping/welding studs in place of the bolts is on my list of summer jobs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back