The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1990 awd and 93 fwd transmission question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

compression

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2004
vero beach, Florida
Ok basically having a problem with my clutch/flywheel. Going to take it apart tonight to find out whats happening. Its getting caught on the inside of the bellhousing im assuming they sent me a fwd clutch& flywheel because i know they are larger. Now i have a fwd tranny from a 93. I allready swaped shifter base,cables & brackets. Could i just put the fwd trans in temporarily? Is there significant differences? Would i use the equal lenth shafts on the driver side or the larger one piece? I have both sets. I just want to get the car up and running so i can get a tune on it. Thanks in adcance

you would have to take the driveshaft off of course. then also yo would need to use the 93fwd axels as they are a 27 spline and the awd are a 25. other than that I think you should be good. Oh, you need to swap the starter plate. and im not 100% sure that the starters are the same or not from awd to fwd.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back