1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

For Sale 1989 Mirage C53a AWD 2.3L in California

Posted by 1g_TaLoN, Sep 18, 2020

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 1g_TaLoN

1g_TaLoN Proven Member

Joined Sep 21, 2005
    citrus heights, California
    Chassis

1989 Mitsubishi Mirage factory turbo California car, Cheap 90’s sunroof, Custom made crossmember, Dual Pass aluminum radiator with fan shroud and temp switch, 1994 Expo spindles with new bearings seals, 2G DSM front brakes, custom coilovers on KYB’s, custom camber plates, 6 point cage, 1990 rear subframe differential and rear suspension, Custom Odessey battery compartment up front, no heat or A/C system at all, 4G brake booster, Quick disconnect steering wheel welded to shaft, door panels and rear seat panels are gone, hatch glass is gone as well.

2.3L 6 bolt Engine

Block 30 over with torque plate, G4CS crank, Kiggly Girdle, Eagle Rods, Ross Pistons, Decked and surfaced for MLS, Oiling veins ported and smoothed in the block and head, plugged oil squirters.

Head is Slow boy stage IV P&P forever ago, Decked and surfaced for MLS, Kiggly HP Beehive springs, SS valves, Forced Performance FP4 cams, Skunk2 adjustable cam gears, All valve train professionally installed to each manufacture’s specs, 2G lifters.

ARP L19 Head studs, Cometic MLS headgasket, copper exhaust manifold gasket, heat barrier intake gasket, 1990 OFH, positive crankcase venting system.

Transmission

1990 DSM trans, gone through in 2013 locally, Fidanza Aluminum flywheel, Fidanza 4.3 sprung 6puck disc no grinds or pop-out issues, 1990 DSM shifter base, shifter and shift arms.

Fuel

Dual external Bosch 044 pumps, FIC 1050SP injectors, Aeromotive AFPR, Aeromotive pre and post filters, SS braided line from tank to rail, Polymer fuel cell.

Ignition

MSD DIS2 Plus w/Tac Adapter, 1990 OEM ignition system, new plug wires, NGK plugs.

Turbo system

Forced Performance Green 73HTZ (internally gated), Oil feed from OFH w/filter.

Exhaust

FP manifold, True 3” O2 housing downpipe all the way out the back

Induction

FP intake with dual -8 AN for PCV system, K&N shorty filter, 3” intercooler piping from turbo to throttle body, 4”core ETS intercooler, Greddy Type R BOV, 90 N/T throttle body mildly ported and rebuilt with new seals, 1G 1990 intake manifold.

Engine management

ECM link V3, Speed density, AEM 5 Bar map, AEM IAT in manifold, 1990 Eprom ECU and harness.

Wheels

Rays / Volk Racing CE28 8-spoke bronze 16” 4x100 wheels with very tired Hoosier slicks.

I have owned this car since around 2013. It is on a California non-op and I have the pink slip in hand. It is clean title. Most of the lighting controls and climate controls stuff is gone. The car was a drag car when I bought. I converted the suspension to a more modern set up and put the 2.3L in it. I used the car for SCCA stuff up until 2015, when I parked the car for some basic upgrades and never got back into the motorsport. It is a nice little car and it is very very fast. The Chassis is extreme rigid with the cage and the short wheelbase. I’m in deep on some other projects and about to move across the country. I am motivated to sell, but I’m not going to give the car away. If you have read all the way to the end then you likely know what your looking at and how rare factory turbo cars are. There are areas where this car would need to be improved upon for a daily driver but not much.
    $5500

IMG-9784.jpg
    IMG-9785.jpg IMG-9782.jpg IMG-9780.jpg IMG-9779.jpg IMG-9778.jpg IMG-9777.jpg IMG-9775.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020