The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

18x8 front 18x9 rear on a 2g gsx...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im running 18x9.5 with 225/40/18 and 18x10.5 with 265/35/18.

not to be an ass, but can I just ask what the point of this is? if your car is awd, why not just run the same width wheels with the same size tires? it just doesn't make sense to me.

if you want to run a really wide wheels, get the right offset and the right size tire. there's no point in trying random combos and doing it half assed. it's not really gonna make a world of difference to run a half inch wider wheel in my opinion. meet the widths half way if you cant decide and get 8.5's with 245's for tires, sidewall is up to you.

/thread

sorry to be so blunt, but it's not THAT big of a decision, atleast not to me. I had 7 in wide wheels with 215's for my last set. no issues with traction. anything wider than stock is going to be a big upgrade either way

Sorry that I didn't read this post before:coy: So if I understand this table chart right, I migh be able to run some 235/40/18 tires, but I can only do this by rolling the fenders out, Is this correct?

Not necessarily, but I would take an old wooden baseball bat and roll out the metal lip inside the rear fenders for safety reasons anyways. Only takes like 15 minutes to do both sides, and it wouldn't take long for that thin metal to slice through the tire if you hit a few big bumps at highway speeds if you didn't do it. I run 235s on an 8" wheel with +38 offset, and I would've had to roll the fenders if I hadn't already done so for the previous set of wheels I used.

If you do decide to go with larger 245+ tires, you can definitely make it work -but you'll at least be very close to the fender with the outside edge of the tire no matter what you do, save for fabricating your own custom suspension. If you have a set of wheels with a lower offset than 32 the tire will almost certainly stick out past the fender and if you have an offset of more than 38, you're taking the gamble that the tire brand and size you choose won't be wide enough to make contact with the upper portion of the knuckle. Of course, if you have too high an offset, you can make it work by adding the correct thickness spacers between the axle hub and the rim's mating surface.

I see from your profile that you're using Tein SS coilovers, so you should be able to make 245s or larger work well enough with the right rim offset. To anyone else reading this and thinking about using this tire size, please if you're serious about running a 245mm or larger tire, make sure that you have a good set of stiff coilovers to protect you from bottoming out the fender on the tire when the suspension compresses.

This thread has some decent info on extra wide tires/wheels.

This page may also be of help for 2G owners.

you can not fit a 10.5 on a 1g or 2g . and there is no way you are running any of these

Come to my house,ill show ya. I am wide body so im running -7 offset and -20 on the rear but you can run 10.5 on a 2g you just have to roll fenders and im sure because i ran 10 inch on stock body before.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back