The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

18 inch. rims on my 92 talon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92bluetalontsi

Probationary Member
Feb 25, 2005
Mosinee, Wisconsin
I just bought a 92 Eagle Talon tsi fwd and i love it, but i want to get bigger rims than the stock 16's. I wanted to go with 18 inch rims but i have been told they would fit by some people and wouldn't fit by others. I was wondering if I could get some of your guys insights on this? Also I was wondering what tires would give me better traction and help me get better starts? :talon:

18 inch rims will fit for sure you can get 19 inch rims if you wanted are you gonna lower ur car? if so you can lower it 2 inches awsome looking drop on a 1g they will not rub. i would recomend getting falken ziex or a brand by nitto like 450 or 550's good tires for not to much cash. i have falken ziex on a set of 18's and there awsome. i would also recomend tire size of 225-40-18 fit the best for ur car.

I dont think I am going to lower it i have to get new struts all around for the car. I wasn't going to lower it becuase of getting the bigger rims, i wasn't sure if they would fit. I dont know that much about tires and rim sizing and all that, but im looking for tires that will last a while but also if someone pulls up next to me i will be able to get a good start against them. any ideas? i know thats kind of a alot to ask but i would appreciate any more imput you have. I was also told that getting bigger rims would cause a lot of stress on the suspension of my car. I was told this by a local mechanic, not sure if this is true either. But that was why i was cautious about just going and buying the 18's. :talon:

you have no problem with 18's more than half the people on tuners have them so that should tell you something. i would still say falken zeix tires i had a fwd turbo with them on 18 inch rims i loved them i tryed lots of tire brands and i still love them. your suspension on ue car will be fine even better because ur not going to lower it.

92bluetalontsi said:
I dont think I am going to lower it i have to get new struts all around for the car. I wasn't going to lower it becuase of getting the bigger rims, i wasn't sure if they would fit. I dont know that much about tires and rim sizing and all that, but im looking for tires that will last a while but also if someone pulls up next to me i will be able to get a good start against them. any ideas? i know thats kind of a alot to ask but i would appreciate any more imput you have. I was also told that getting bigger rims would cause a lot of stress on the suspension of my car. I was told this by a local mechanic, not sure if this is true either. But that was why i was cautious about just going and buying the 18's. :talon:

i would think your suspention would be fine BUT, your gonna gave one problem. your going to be SLOWER. its up to you what you want to do but i would rather get a few power mods w/that 1500 bucks. if you search "18 1g" your gonna find a good thread with a bunch of pics. :thumb: :talon:

yeah your right on that i never thought about the power i would be losing, the problem with trying to upgrade cars where i live is that its a small town and hardly anyone here works on dsm cars. And its hard to order parts and have someone install them becuase i live in such a small town. but either way i need to buy new tires because my front tires are completly balled ;) :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back