The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

17x9 clearance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speede

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2003
Winston-Salem, North_Carolina
will 17x9 fit, with what tires, and with/without spacers. 5zigen fn-01r castttt, cuz im poor. kthx.

for a 17x9...I'd say that you should get spacers, I don't think it would fit without them. But 275 series tires that your going for would be real nice. So do it...cause you'll never get 275s on an 8" rim...MAYBE on and 8.5" but I don't think 275s would fit without spacers either.

Please, if you're going to ask a question about whether certain wheels are going to fit tell us what the offset is! Without this information, we can only guess.

- Jtoby

Originally posted by jtmcinder
Please, if you're going to ask a question about whether certain wheels are going to fit tell us what the offset is! Without this information, we can only guess.

- Jtoby

I agree...but I also think that with a 9"wide rim, your really not going to be able to fit the tires on with out spacers...whatever the offset is.

Oh, com'on. The effect of spacers is to reduce offset (while adding weight and increasing the stress on the lugs, both of which are bad). So any wheel + spacers combination (within reason) can be matched by a different wheel without spacers (with a lower offset) and the latter set-up is to be preferred.

The reason to use a spacer is that you bought the wrong wheel (maybe because it was cheap or you used to have smaller tires or you used to have smaller calipers, etc.). If you haven't bought the wheel yet, there is little excuse to run spacers.

- Jtoby

The wheel he mentioned comes as 17 x 9.0 +15 +38 5H 114.3

The wheel itself will probably fit, the question is will he have clearance for the wider tire. My guess is he may have to roll his fenders. It should fit just fine on the hub though a 275 tire might be a tad large. I was thinking 255. But if he thinks he can fit 275, then go for it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back