The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G 17x9.5 +35 245/40/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babyviper

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2003
Mays Landing, New_Jersey
I am in need of some wheels that with fit my evo brembos and and I'm about to splurge on some 17x9.5 wheels. I know according to the chart 245/40/17 should be perfectly fine on a 2G but how much does it matter on this wide of a rim? I have a 2Ga so my rear knuckles have less clearance than the 2Gb.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That seems like too narrow of a tire for 17x 9.5 wheels. I'm running Dunlop Sport MAXX TT 245/40-17 on Evo IX wheels (17 x 8) on a 99 GSX and the sidewalls look correct as in not stretched either in or out and they are flush with the outside edge of the fenders. I've wanted to run 17 x 9.5 but I think they would stick out passed the fenders.

I have some 17x9 +35 on my 95 Tsi (w/2ga knuckles) tires are 245/40/17 fits like a glove no rubbing and I'm lowered a bit. They sit pretty flush with the fenders. I have a couple of pics in my gallery.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back