The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

16x8s on a 1G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes kinda like 2g Rx-7 wheels will fit and they are 16x8 but you will need wheel spacers for a 8inch wide rim.

Later,

These are the 16x8's on my 91 Talon. They are made by PCW (Never heard of em....me neither. They were on the car when I bought it). They have fairly new dunlop sp5000 tires all around w/ about 90% tread left. They actually look pretty damn good on the car. And they put down a good contact patch :) I am going to be selling them though w/in the next 4-6 months. I want to get a set of 17x8 Villians (if I can find someone that still sells them!!!). Always wanted a set of the Villians!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

DITTO:

i think we waited to long for the konigs man:cry: however the ones from SSR is the exact same rim. can you take some rear pics of your car im looking at going 8"s out back with a set of forgelines;)

I'll have some pics by Friday (have to borrow a dig. camera). I'll post them as soon as I take them.

TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG, leave me alone :) I know, it looks like a 4x4. I have 1 5/8" drop springs that have been sitting in the closet for about 6 months or so now! Just want to get some GR-2's before I put them on. And, well, I've been doing a lot of performance upgrades lately and the shocks/springs have been put on hold. I am determined to have them on though by the beginning of next month...along with some new 17x8 wheels!!! :)

Here's that rear shot I said I'd put up way back when (it's been in the gallery section for a couple weeks now, just forgot to put it up here).

381DCP_0001a-med.jpg

I have 2 sets of 16x8 rims. both sets fit on my 2G with no spacers.

On the 1G, I need 6-8mm spacers (1/4 or 5/16 mag spacers) to fit the 3000gt rims I run during the winter. My race rims are also 16x8 but they are a +32 offset and do not need the spacer. The stock 3000gt rims have the same stock offset as our stock rims: +46mm.

im looking at going 8"s out back with a set of forgelines
:D I've got the Forgeline Competition's 16x8" on my '92 Laser AWD.

With 225 yoko tires on them...it looks mean. :cool:

btw...I didn't need any spacers or mess for mine...(course they are the offset of a Chevy Camaro...whatever that is).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back