The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

16g wastegate setting??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
I got my car running today but had 2 problems. I was told by FP that the wastegate was set at 11psi, but mine only hit 7psi. I took off my boost controller and ran it normally to see what it would hit.

I finished installing the 16g kit, fmic and all kinds of other crap. I have a hole in the #1 runner, as Im awaitng to get my probe welded in, and it sounds like crap. I know that that small of a hole would have such an effect on the wastegate. It wouldnt go past 7psi at all. The car needs to be tuned really bad, cause today was the first day its been started with the 550's and afc and the settings Im sure need to be played with.

Anyway, I was just curious whats up with the gate only hitting 7psi?

That hole in the #1 runner is a BIG @SS exhaust leak. It will kill you boost setting. When are you getting boost 5000 RPMS. Get the hole plugged. Also if you running a reference line from the turbo to the wastegate actuator the most you should get for boost is 9-10 psi. That is the spring strength of a mitsu wategate actuator. They are not adjsutable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back