The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

16g versus ct26

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domenico_169

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2002
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
my buddy has a ct26 stock turbo in his 90 celica all trac, the turbo looks kinda big, but i wanna know what it can be directly compared to. cause i just have a small 16g.

They are very similar both max out at around 275 to 300 hp. There flow rates are both around the low 500 cfm rating.

Originally posted by NOSNUSE
They are very similar both max out at around 275 to 300 hp. There flow rates are both around the low 500 cfm rating.
You are talking wheel hp right? Because the small 16g has made 350 crank hp on numerous occasions, with proper tuning. The small 16g flows 505 cfm, and the Big 16g flows 550 cfm's. I have no earthly idea what the CT26 flows. :)

Correct, they used the ct26 turbo on the 87' to 91' turbo Supras as well as the Celica All-Tracs and many other turboed Toyota cars. I believe the horsepower rating was from the Supra. Flow on the ct26 is around 500cfm, I did have the specs around here give me a few and I can post them. The A/R on the ct26 is .49 and the s16g is .50, and I do believe the supra ct26 used a differnet exhaust housing due to the exhaust flow of the larger 3.0 liter motor. Don't know if this helps at all. Later.

Flow on the ct26 is around 500cfm, I did have the specs around here give me a few and I can post them.

I would very much love to see those specs if you do have them, especially since toyota NEVER released everything. The ct26's area bit different from the mr2, celica and supra... and from year to year they changed as well. Toyota (to my knowlege) never release wheel sizes a/r's or even cfms (but that can be obtained). I partially rebuilt my ct26 on my old Supra and I do not remember exactly, but I did have a Big16g with me at the same time and the turbines inducer and exducer were both larger in the ct26 as was the compressor housing...

The compressor maps are about the only thing that Toyota never released as far as the cfm it is as best I can recall(it was probably higher I just can't remember the actual number), as far as the A/R of .49 and a 56 trim compressor wheel are about the only thing I am sure of. Yes they did use different turbines and some even had twin scroll designs(not released in the US), but that's really all I have for the time being. I due apologize for mistaking the s16g for the b16g, sometimes I guess it pays to really look over the post a little better.:rolleyes:

really weird... cause when i looked at it, it just looked pretty damn big for a stock turbo.

Well thats cool to know... I never found anything on it (though I didnt look to hard:D ). I want trying to correct you, i was being serious...

It is pretty big for a stock turbo compared to a 4cylinder. For a 3.0 it does teh trick pretty well IMO. Have you seen the cummins/duramax stock turbos :cool:

A stock ct26 isn't too impressive, but like the t3/t4 turbo's you can rebuild them in many different flavors. My friend's 90 Supra dynoed 309hp with a rebuilt ct26 at 14psi with only a 3" exhaust. If I remember right, his has a to4e 50 trim compressor wheel.

oh dont worry candela, didnt think you were trying to correct me. i just cant belive that this thing only puts out 200-210 stock with that big lookin of a turbo. he took me for a ride, and all i can say to myslef was...... never!!!! :thumbdown

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back