The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

16g to 14b tuning adjustment questions???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince_w2004

Probationary Member
Jul 15, 2007
austin/waco, Texas
So my big 16g took the big dump over the week so im gonna throw in a 14b till i can save up some extra cash for something nice.
So i guess my main question is if im tunned at 10psi with a neo on a fairly stock motor .20 bore, exhaust, intake, then will running the 14b at 10 psi effect my AF ratio at all.

Only 10 psi on 16g u ask? Well when i took my eclipse into the tunner, the boost controller was malfunctioning and would only let it run 10-12 psi. So they tunned it for 10 psi with the neo and it hit around 230hp on the dyno. Not bad i guess.
It seems the car has always run rich though since i got it back from the tunner.

So should i just set my neo to no corrections or what?

There's no definitive way of telling you that it's a necessity to fine tune it because you switch turbos, since it is vehicle dependant. Do you have a wideband or any means of logging data? I dare not say, but obviousness says that you will be fine when you make the switch all else equal. If you find the necessity to squeeze max power out of the 10psi, then yes, you will need a logger and/or wideband to retune your neo.

Thanx for your answers. I am planning on trying to set up my laptop with tunnerstein and use it as a logger. Do i need a wide band to use tunnerstein software?

It all depends on how aggressive the tune was. If it was basic then you should be fine because at 10psi it really isnt pushing that much air anyways.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back