The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

16G setup question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venom55

20+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2003
QuebecCanada
Ok Im getting my new setup installed nest week , JDM engine with 510cc and a Big 16G. Thing is that I dont have a 2G maf and still with the stock exhaust(will get new one couples of days after its done). So will the stock 1G maf be good enough with the stock manual ECU???

Or will I be running to rich or too lean?

chances are you will experience fuel cut once you get the larger exhaust with a higher flowing turbo. A GM mas or second gen mas will fix this problem.

Venom55 said:
Ok Im getting my new setup installed nest week , JDM engine with 510cc and a Big 16G. Thing is that I dont have a 2G maf and still with the stock exhaust(will get new one couples of days after its done). So will the stock 1G maf be good enough with the stock manual ECU???

Or will I be running to rich or too lean?

Your car should be fine with stock mas, even if you raise the pressure up to 14 psi. :thumb:

Yes the stock MASF will be fine, however a 2G maf, translator or w/e u decide will all give good gains, even if its just a lil less boost threshold

So you guy are saying that with my stock maf and the 510cc, I will run correctly? right? don't forget im still on the stock fuel pump also. But right now im looking for a 2g maf :thumb:

I'M not really sure about that..

With my 14b, and 1G hacked MAF, I have fuel cut a 19-20psi. (peak)

so him, with his big 16, at 16psi and more he gun a have some fuel cut. the best it's to change de maf for a 2G one, and then he can level up the boost without problem.

before you need the support mods, like turbo-back, rewire or a walbro 255 (I suggest the walbro with the 16g),..

2G maf + 510cc equal the mixt, air/fuel for 1G :thumb:

so you can tear apart your mas if your running a s-afc??? because you can tell the computer whats you want....???? could you take the upper honeycombs out if your running a safc to....

ryan

If you could deal with the poor idle with a hacked MAF...When I we in between my AFC and DSMLink, I had a hacked 2G MAF and 550s, it seemed to balance out at idle with no compensation.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back