The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

16g rebuild question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGS-T

Proven Member
Dec 2, 2015
Bayport, Minnesota
Im rebuilding my small 16g and i bought a hotside from mitsubishi that says its good for all 16g turbos but it does not have an alignment dowel. My question is does it have to be aligned perfectly or can it be close?

That little alignment thing doesn't affect anything. Just secure the clamp good and your gravy.

Btw i hope its not a turbolab hotside. They sent me 2 defective ones in a row. The flapper arm breaks free and slides in and out through hotside casting after a couple miles.

But you still need to align turbo so your coolant lines etc all line up. Just in case you are one of those who have no common sense. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it on Amazon through Mitsubishi so hopefully it's a good one. I only paid 120 for it though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back