The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

16g rebuild help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatGS-T

Proven Member
Dec 2, 2015
Bayport, Minnesota
I got my rebuild kit and everything checks out except the oil deflector must have gotten tweaked in shipping. Has anyone ever had this happen or have ways to straighten them back out? Going to exchange it for a new one unless someone has a fix. Last I checked they need to be perfectly flat or the turbo is F*****.

It's function is literally nothing aside from directing the oil that comes off the thrust system away from the compressor sealing ring and toward the oil drain. It's not a "wear item" so there's no problem reusing an old one as long as it's undamaged.

Well the old one has wear marks on it and i returned the kit for a much better one, does anyone know if the td05 alignment dowel is needed? I bought an evo3 hotside and its not drilled for one, but i dont see an issue without it.

Same exact thing happened to me. Mayne the same company perhaps. Sent me a deflector for a 14b in my rebuild kit. The 14b deflector does not sit flat like the 16g deflector. Your welcome.

Thanks for the help and quick responses really appreciate it, I'll have to delete the other thread.

I know from experience the locking pin in the turbine isn't an absolute need. I lost the dowel for mine so I just get it close and tighten down the v band. Never had any issues for 3 seasons that way.

Same exact thing happened to me. Mayne the same company perhaps. Sent me a deflector for a 14b in my rebuild kit. The 14b deflector does not sit flat like the 16g deflector. Your welcome.
:confused:

The oil deflector is the same part number between flat-back (14B) and super-back (16G) rebuild kits, 49168-22202.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back