The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

16g, non turbo block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spleen8urLSX

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2017
Elyria, Ohio
Did a lot better than I ever imagined. Evo3 16g, stock non turbo 6 bolt with the exception of ARP head studs and bc 272 cams, link v3, e85. Number is actually to the front wheels, typo on the dyno sheet.

Attachments

• 20180430_213212.jpg
    20180430_213212.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 232
nice numbers but whats with the big dip in the graph? i only see that on hondas when the vtec point is set to low.

Thanks guys, the spike then dip seems to be the typical small turbo boost spike. This was on an unmodified MHI Wastegate actuator, I feel like going external gate or at the least shimming the actuator would help it a lot but I'm going to leave it for now. And as far as e85, hell yeah it's miracle juice LOL. I never in my wildest dreams figured such a simple set up would do so well.

I know this is an older thread, but can you give us the run down on the setup? (boost pressure, FMIC/BOV combo, clutch, etc. (saw a lot listed in your profile, wasn't sure if it was still all true with this dyno sheet, as setups change often, and profiles get updated..)

Non turbo to turbo or just factory GS-T? Interested....

I know this is an older thread, but can you give us the run down on the setup? (boost pressure, FMIC/BOV combo, clutch, etc. (saw a lot listed in your profile, wasn't sure if it was still all true with this dyno sheet, as setups change often, and profiles get updated..)

Non turbo to turbo or just factory GS-T? Interested....

Still pretty much the same as what is listed in my profile. Switched to a ported 1g o2 housing as the China ones kept cracking from the vibration of the side exit exhaust and changed it to narrowband simulation, other than that about the same. Also I broke the 90' trans with the welded diff first pass at the Shootout so it has a 91-94 trans with a whooped 2nd gear synchro and open diff right now. Dyno run that it made 420 was 24psi spike, Punishment FMIC core, ching chong Tial QR knockoff bov with the spring cut down a little bit, Competition 6 puck sprung clutch and pressure plate that comes with the disk, ported stock 1g intake manifold, shitty BC 272 cams (that seem to do very well with this set up), crappy FIC Blue max 1450cc injectors, Ecmlink V3 full on SD with an Omni 4 bar map sensor tuned by Corey Parrish at Slowmotion Motorsports. No tricks really, all off the shelf bolt on stuff, genuine Evo III 16g rebuilt by Justin Whitesell with stock 16g wastegate actuator and unported 7cm turbine housing, FP race manifold. It actually made 426 at 26psi but Corey backed it back off a little bit as 2 more pounds of boost only made a little bit more power so it was clear the turbo was running out of steam, but he did leave me room to turn it all the way to 28lbs which it does see on a regular basis. This is a factory non turbo car with the original untouched non turbo bottom end, engine is stock except for the cams and head studs, even has the balance shafts still. Also this was on E85 (probably more like E75 based on what the same fuel from the same filling station read on my buddys flex sensor in his 1g, it was mid spring and Summer blend E85 wasn't in yet). Only changes for this off season I will be switching back to the turbine housing off of my old china 16g along with the ching chong adjustable wastegate actuator. Also on that pull the end tank of my intercooler core had a hair line crack that is only getting bigger from when my buddy changed it up for a forward facing set up on his car and changed it back before putting it on my car, I have a good uncracked core to replace it with. I will also be wiring up a boost control solenoid and I will have Corey set up electronic boost control through Link and boost by gear. I have everything to auto swap the car, even a Kiggly flex plate and Forced Four shift box but life is pretty busy right now so I might hold off until this current trans lets loose or until next off season, stuff won't be going anywhere. The old non turbo bottom end seems to not mind at all and seems to be going strong, just put it away for another winter running solid.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back