The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

15" rim fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJTurbo

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2007
Lake Grove, New_York
Hello all,
I am tying to figure out what size rim and offset I would need to fit a 15" x 8 rim with slicks. I have a 1st gen FWD with KYB AGX's and eibach prokit springs. The slick size I am interested in is 24.5 x 8.5. I have searched and can't seen to find a definitive answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

not sure on the exact size, however you want to nake sure that it clears your rotors, do you have stock rotors? aftermarket? make sure you leave around an inch if clearance.

My close friend has a 93 Talon drag car with 15" Rota's and 26x9.5 Hoosiers Quick Time Pro. He also has dual calipers in front/the car is 93/. I don't know, what the difference if any between FWD and AWD cars front suspension. Just telling you what I've seen.

Hey CJTurbo....I saw you at Englishtown....clean car! Anyway, sell your FWD and buy an AWD. You should also gut your interior and sell everything. Did you check the Flux capacitor? I'm sure that would improve your 60' times. Just kidding man...I'm sure there has to be somone on this board that has a FWD and slicks.

With slicks you'll not likely be worried about fitting under the fenders and a 35 offset would be fine for straight-line racing. Going over is not a problem unless you're going with autocross or something along those lines where the lateral forces are extreme and could cause undue stress on the bearings.

I believe most use a 38-40 offset but if you've got larger calipers then I would look for something with a little less.

If you're trying to compare your current setup with changing widths, try this calculator: Wheel Offset Calculator

EDIT: After using the calculator myself, you'll likely need quite a bit less... figuring those slicks are fairly wide and bulky.

15x7 volk te37s 24.5x8x15 MT slick offset i believe is 38mm on a 2G gsx (oem brakes)

Hey CJTurbo....I saw you at Englishtown....clean car! Anyway, sell your FWD and buy an AWD. You should also gut your interior and sell everything. Did you check the Flux capacitor? I'm sure that would improve your 60' times. Just kidding man...I'm sure there has to be somone on this board that has a FWD and slicks.

Believe me TurboT, I've thought about converting, but I gotta be me and be a fast GS-T:sneaky: Anyway, I remember seeing you at E-town... You have the bad a$$ talon coming soon to a track near you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back