The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

14th Annual Buschur Racing DSM/EVO Shootout

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickatBuschurs

15+ Year Contributor
May 12, 2005
Norwalk, Ohio
After reading this post I would greatly appreciate everyone to read the two threads that I have linked in here to know exactly what CAN NOT go on again at this years shootout. PLEASE this is our last year to show David Buschur, Norwalk Raceway Park and the city of Norwalk, Ohio who we really are. Not how they know us to be from the past. In our forums thread please read page 5 where David comments about the shootout. http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12985

And this is the thread that was on here that talked about what went on during last years shootou. http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthr...racing+shootout

If you have any questions, please pm me or shoot me an email to [email protected]

14th Annual DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT
Presented by:
Buschur Racing, Dynoflash, DEI, DSM Tuners, EVO Tuners, Exedy Clutches and Shearer Fabrication

-Saturday, August 12th. Open house, hangout and dyno competition at Buschur Racing, Inc. in Wakeman, Ohio. 9am to 6pm.
-Sunday, August 13th. Gates open at Norwalk Raceway park at 8am. Track closes at 5 pm
-Quick 16 qualifying at 10 am, 11 am and 12 pm.
-Time trials from 8 am until noon. When racing is completed time trials will begin again.
-Car and driver entry fee is $35. Spectator entry fee is $15. Kids 12 and under are free.
-FILL OUT YOUR TECH CARDS NEATLY AND COMPLETELY. Failure to do so will result in NOT receiving ANY prizes for your win!! Tech cards must be turned in at the head of the staging lanes before you make your first pass.
-Your class designation goes on the windshield followed by the number on your tech card. Class designations are listed in parenthesis next to the class names below. This is your class/car number for the day. You will time trial and race from the same lane all day. Lane assignments listed below.

STOCK APPEARING (DSA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 1.
-Full interior required. NO nitrous. DOT 140+ tires only.
-FMIC's O.K but must fit without any cutting of the front fascia. NO external wastegates, NO sheetmetal intakes, NO air to water intercoolers, NO cut outs for the exhaust, NO headers. COP ignitions O.K.
-Turbos must remain stock appearing. 02 housings are fine but no external dump tubes. Upgraded upper and lower i/c pipes O.K. Open element filters O.K. for speed density conversions but must be done neatly and retain stock position and appearance.

DSM ELIMINATOR (DSE) Sponsored by DSMTUNERS.COM
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 2.
-This is for the more seriously modified DSM's. Only rules are full interior, NO nitrous ANY DOT tire.

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 3.
-Car must retain the stock appearing intake manifold, exhaust manifold and turbo. No External dump O2 housings but you can run a sheetmetal O2 housing. You can upgrade the intercooler plumbing, FMIC, exhaust etc. For an example of a great Stock Appearing class car refer to our complete Stage 4 kit. Beyond that and you are out of the class. DOT 140+ tires only.

EVO ELIMINATOR (EE) Sponsored by EVOTUNERS.NET
-This is for the more modified Evolutions. Sheetmetal intakes, huge turbos, headers and such are all legal. NO nitrous or gutted interiors or you are in the Q16 or bracket classes. ANY DOT tire. LANE 4.

BRACKET 1 (B1) Sponsored by DEI
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 0-12.99. LANE 5

BRACKET 2 (B2) Sponsored by DEI
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 13.00 and slower. LANE 6.

QUICK16 (Q16) Sponsored by Shearer Fabrication
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. NO tube chassis cars. You must qualify at one of the qualifying times to enter the class. If you do not qualify you can enter in any other class your car fits the rules for. If the car is gutted or has nitrous it will have to run B1 or B2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there. And no BS this year guys, the dsm community needs to learn respect for people and places. The shootout is important to alot of us and we don't need any yahoo's ruining it for the rest of us. Heres to another shootout :thumb:

NickatBuschurs said:
Classes , rules and lane assignments:

DSM STOCK APPEARING (DSA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree.
-Full interior required. NO nitrous. DOT tires only.
-NO FMIC’s. NO external wastegates. NO sheetmetal intakes. NO Fugly modifications that won’t pass for darn near stock.

DSM ELIMINATOR (DSE) Sponsored by DSMTUNERS.COM
-This is for the more seriously modified DSM’s. Only rules are full interior, NO nitrous and NO slicks.

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)
-This for for EVO’s only. Car must retain the stock appearing intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo and 02 housing. You can upgrade the intercooler plumbing, FMIC, exhaust etc. For an example of a great Stock Appearing class car refer to our complete Stage 4 kit. Beyond that and you are out of the class.

EVO ELIMINATOR (EE) Sponsored by EVOTUNERS.NET
-This is for the more modified Evolutions. Sheetmetal intakes, huge turbos, headers and such are all legal. NO nitrous or gutted interiors or you are in the Q16 or bracket classes.

BRACKET 1 (B1)
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 0-12.99.

BRACKET 2 (B2)
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 13.00 and slower.

QUICK 16 (Q16)
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. NO tube chassis cars. You must qualify at one of the qualifying times to enter the class. 3 qualifiers will be given at 10 am, 11 am and 12pm. If you do not qualify you can enter in any other class your car fits into the rules for. If the car is gutted or has nitrous it will have to run B1 or B2.

I've got a simple question regarding the engine used. My interpretation is a limit on displacement, correct? At 2.0L, given it's 4g63. Why couldn't that be changed to include other engines that are equivlent or less in displacement, like the 4G37, 4G61, 4G91, etc? (Anyone scared that someone might bring a 4G61 powered dsm and clean house?)

If still limited to 4G63, does that mean COMPLETE engine, or could someone run different heads with a 4G63 block?

You mean to tell me everyone in DSE, B1, B2 and Q16 had a 4G63 and not a single person had a 4G64? If intentially overlooked, then why can't smaller displacement engines be used, like those listed above?

There were some other mitsubishi based cars there, like a 3Si car. Where did that fit in the list?

How about the inverse, how about a non-mits powered DSM? If 2.0L or under, then why couldn't it run?

I think this thread should be focused on the people going to the Shootout. It is YOUR responsibility to make this event a good one. If you don't, we'll lose the event for good. Your actions will be what makes or breaks this event. If you bring friends with you, make sure they act responsible. I don't want to lose the biggest event our community has going because of some dumb asses who don't give a shit about our community, or the people who have worked hard to make it what it is today.

If you can't show any respect, make sure to stay home. And invite your rowdy friends to your house so they don't ruin the event.

Thanks to Buschur Racing and all the sponsors and enthusiasts for making this happen.

Let the fun begin:
Start saving money, Plan your roadtrips, Start working on your car to have it ready by then (there's plenty of time ahead), Reserve your rooms, all and all lets have a great time and do some Mad DSM Racing that sunday at the track. not on the ohio streets...

C'mon people show that we can.

Again thanks to everyone for making this possible, we'll be there supporting the DSM community. :thumb:

Hey guys, wondering about starting a swap meet type of thing at the shootout for 2006, just gauging interest, what does everyone think??? And lets keep the crapola to a minimum this year so we dont loose the event. Also let me know what everyone thinks about the cookout idea where we provide the food for the thing and feed the buschur guys instead of expecting them to do everything, make it a little easier for those guys and show some appreciation for all that they do. :dsm:

BISHILVR said:
Hey guys, wondering about starting a swap meet type of thing at the shootout for 2006, just gauging interest, what does everyone think??? And lets keep the crapola to a minimum this year so we dont loose the event. Also let me know what everyone thinks about the cookout idea where we provide the food for the thing and feed the buschur guys instead of expecting them to do everything, make it a little easier for those guys and show some appreciation for all that they do. :dsm:

I will see what David thinks about people having a swap meet, as far as the food for us it's not needed. Besides have you seen Jarrod? He's not a little guy. ROFL

Ludachris said:
I think this thread should be focused on the people going to the Shootout. It is YOUR responsibility to make this event a good one. If you don't, we'll lose the event for good. Your actions will be what makes or breaks this event. If you bring friends with you, make sure they act responsible. I don't want to lose the biggest event our community has going because of some dumb asses who don't give a shit about our community, or the people who have worked hard to make it what it is today.

If you can't show any respect, make sure to stay home. And invite your rowdy friends to your house so they don't ruin the event.

Exactly!

Please act responsibly!

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

I was worried that last year was my first and last year to go, glad to hear it's on again for next year. I probably won't have my DSM for the meet :cry: , but I'll be there. No one be stupid this year.

Hehe. Nick, I'm faster than you. ;)

I'm all in favor of DSMers showing the city of Norwalk just how responsible the DSM community is this year. I'm sure it would be much easier to deal with people partying if the party-goers made a noticeable effort to clean up after themselves this year. Just something easy to keep in mind. If nothing gets damaged, they're still going to be pissed if they have to spend three hours each morning cleaning up their parking lots and more time picking food out of the curtains in the rooms.

I can tell you that all the 2GNTers who will be there this year (as we are every year) will be sure to keep our people in check and our zone clean. If all the groups just take simple measures to show the people of Norwalk that we're trying, I bet we get a bit more slack in the future. Even so, no more bullshit.

Here's to third shootout being a charm and actually getting my DSM all the way up there from Arizona. :thumb:

Ill most likely be coming down for it. 5-6 hour roadtrip sounds like a good time. I plan on camping at the track; Its supposed to be $14 a night and $3 a shower. Ive also been informed that camp fires are ok as long as you bring a metal ring or something to contain it in. Sorry for thread revival just want to see what everyone has planned.

+1 For the Swap Meet Idea!

-TunedDSM- said:
Ill most likely be coming down for it. 5-6 hour roadtrip sounds like a good time. I plan on camping at the track; Its supposed to be $14 a night and $3 a shower. Ive also been informed that camp fires are ok as long as you bring a metal ring or something to contain it in. Sorry for thread revival just want to see what everyone has planned.
I camped at the track last year and it didn't cost anything, but we did get there late. Someone does come around in the morning to collect money for the event, but they didn't charge us for camping. It was awesome falling asleep to 4G63's boosting in the distance:rocks: .

Any word on vendors that will b there..last year im guessing do to the weather there wasnt many...the year before they where everywhere..

i was hoping they were going to have the parts truck agian...10 bucks for a hood and a bumper haha
Jesse

Agian me and my friend are comming from south east ohio...last year we stop and picked up some people on the way if your wanting a group to drive up with let me know

I posted this over at buschurforums, but I'll reiterate it here.

We can't rely on the threat of the Shootout going away to affect the behavior of a bunch of underage drunks who just don't care. All of us who want to see the Shootout continue need to step up and regulate ourselves as a group.

If you witness assclown activity, put a stop to it. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, tell someone around you who does, or find someone in authority; call the police if necessary. This kind of crap reflects on us as a group; if you see someone behaving like a jackass, but do nothing about it, then their behavior might as well be your own.

If you were one of the idiots who were involved in the "backyard brawling" that happened at the Best Western, threw something through a drive-through sign, or participated in any of the other stupidity that happened last year, feel free to stay home. I won't hesitate to call the police to have your drunken ass hauled off to jail if you're acting like a four-year-old again, and I'd like to see others willing to do the same.

logic said:
I posted this over at buschurforums, but I'll reiterate it here.

We can't rely on the threat of the Shootout going away to affect the behavior of a bunch of underage drunks who just don't care. All of us who want to see the Shootout continue need to step up and regulate ourselves as a group.

If you witness assclown activity, put a stop to it. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, tell someone around you who does, or find someone in authority; call the police if necessary. This kind of crap reflects on us as a group; if you see someone behaving like a jackass, but do nothing about it, then their behavior might as well be your own.

If you were one of the idiots who were involved in the "backyard brawling" that happened at the Best Western, threw something through a drive-through sign, or participated in any of the other stupidity that happened last year, feel free to stay home. I won't hesitate to call the police to have your drunken ass hauled off to jail if you're acting like a four-year-old again, and I'd like to see others willing to do the same.

You know i agree but honestly i didnt see all that much crap going on that shouldnt have..i mean yea through crap through signs shouldnt b aloud..and stealing crap from the shop is ### also..but from the years before i thought it was quite mild...

Ill be heading up. I need to get some minor release forms, anybody know how I would go of doing that. And anyone from Columbus wanna do a cruise?

I think its funny what comes up on searches. I am searching for info on external wastegate set ups and this pops up. Anyways, I'd like to say that one reason that persuaded me to buy a DSM instead of a 240sx or an audi or some of the other cars i was thinking about was this event. I figured if I had a 240sx I couldn't go. Well I'm kind of disappointed whats turn out of it. I hope its different for 2006 and I intend on going.

I really dont think it was that bad. Again breaking private property and stuff is bogus, but it was raining and it seems like most of the people were just standing under the roof at the best western talking and looking at girls flash.

BISHILVR said:
I really dont think it was that bad. Again breaking private property and stuff is bogus, but it was raining and it seems like most of the people were just standing under the roof at the best western talking and looking at girls flash.
The problem wasn't on Sunday (event day); in fact, everyone seemed quite good at the event last year, thankfully. The problem was Friday and Saturday night around the hotels in downtown Norwalk.

That behavior that noone seems think was so bad prompted Nick at Buschur Racing to post a sombre review of how the incredibly poor behavior on the part of DSM/Evo Shootout attendees has very nearly cost them the ability to operate it.

Speaking purely for myself: I don't give a damn if you think it was tame, and neither does the Norwalk Chamber of Commerce. That city was our host, and we were the disrespectful houseguests who trashed the place and left. Twice. You might note that I'm a little hostile on this point, and you'd be right: the assjackery of the past two years, if it continues, will permanently shutter this event.

This is something at least a few of us look forward to going to, and not because it's an excuse for a road trip and a weekend binge. I don't think it's asking too much for people to consider how we all looked to the residents and businesses in the Norwalk area, and accept responsibility for our group behavior, because they'll sure as hell be watching us closely this year.

I would like to get some feedback on what you guys and gals would like to see for sale at the shootout this year and I will see what I can do. Please pm me with these things. Things likes exhausts, fprs, clutches just let me know. I know last year the dsm community was a little bummed because we really didnt have anything for sale at the shooot for you, except for the "crazy canadians" which bought almost everything the possibly could. :thumb: Please let me know via pm.

Thanks,
Nick
Buschur Racing Inc.

br evo stages 1-4 half off and a free tune by the man himself :p

seriously though would you guys consider doing a raffle on certain parts?

wantarace95GSX said:
br evo stages 1-4 half off and a free tune by the man himself :p

seriously though would you guys consider doing a raffle on certain parts?

Hmm, I will see what I can do ;) , the raffle is a good idea. Come on guys and gals what else would you like to see via pm please.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back