The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 14b turbo swap on stock ECU 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianEclipseAuto

5+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2018
Roskilde, Europe
Hi there
I have got my Self a 14b turbo with new Oil and waterlines. Ready to be installed. I do also have the j-pipe kit.

I am running on Stock ecu (japanese version) non eprom. My FP got replace last year with walbro 255, and I Think my injectors still are Stock.
Can I safely swap my Old t-25 to this 14b turbo with Stock ecu.?

Looking forward to some Sharp answers 😎

What color are the injectors? Do you have a fuel pressure regulator?

I Can check tomorrow What colour they are. I do not have a fuel pressure regulator, But if needed i Will buy it and i Will also change injectors if needed

Definitely need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the 255. You’re way overwhelming the stock one.

And try to get pictures of the injectors if you can so we can help you identify them. But as long as everything is in order it’s a bolt in affair as long as you have the complete components to install it.

The 2g for is 43.5 psi of fuel pressure vs the 1g 38.5, both have 450 injectors.
You'll need a j pipe i beleive. U can modify the 2g oil drain to work. 1g turbos are fed from the head where 2gs are fed oil from the OFH

Stock turbo ecu is just fine on this swap.

In my personal experience, and I realize this won't be the same for everybody...

Stock 450's will support 32 lb/min at 100% duty. A 14B compressor wheel is a 30 lb/min (peak) compressor according to the map, though some have stretched this to 32 lb/min on very efficient builds. Assuming you have enough fuel flow and pressure available, it's theoretically impossible to do damage running 450cc injectors with a 14B. Of course this is living life on the edge a bit- most of us don't like to rely on 100% injector duty to get the job done. You can cheat a little by increasing base pressure on the system, but that's going to make it richer across the board so I wouldn't attempt this without a tuning platform so you don't flood the crankcase with unburnt fuel at idle/cruise.

I've yet to personally see a stock pressure regulator over-run by a non-rewired 255 pump, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible; so if the pump is just put into the stock sender and not re-wired, you're probably fine- although the amperage draw does demand a lot of the factory 25-year-old wiring, so to prevent a meltdown a rewire is recommended...but with a rewire comes the necessity for an adjustable regulator as flow will be increased substantially and in order to "wastegate" all of the excess fuel to prevent unwanted rich conditions with low engine speed / fuel demand. The simpler solution is to just use a 190 pump which is still plenty of fuel for most 14B and 16G units on gasoline.

In my personal experience, and I realize this won't be the same for everybody...

Stock 450's will support 32 lb/min at 100% duty. A 14B compressor wheel is a 30 lb/min (peak) compressor according to the map, though some have stretched this to 32 lb/min on very efficient builds. Assuming you have enough fuel flow and pressure available, it's theoretically impossible to do damage running 450cc injectors with a 14B. Of course this is living life on the edge a bit- most of us don't like to rely on 100% injector duty to get the job done. You can cheat a little by increasing base pressure on the system, but that's going to make it richer across the board so I wouldn't attempt this without a tuning platform so you don't flood the crankcase with unburnt fuel at idle/cruise.

I've yet to personally see a stock pressure regulator over-run by a non-rewired 255 pump, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible; so if the pump is just put into the stock sender and not re-wired, you're probably fine- although the amperage draw does demand a lot of the factory 25-year-old wiring, so to prevent a meltdown a rewire is recommended...but with a rewire comes the necessity for an adjustable regulator as flow will be increased substantially and in order to "wastegate" all of the excess fuel to prevent unwanted rich conditions with low engine speed / fuel demand. The simpler solution is to just use a 190 pump which is still plenty of fuel for most 14B and 16G units on gasoline.
Thanks so much. 💪🙏 I live in Denmark where almost everything needs to be Stock or Stock appearing 😜 so 14b Will be my option since I had the turbo on the shelf.

I have only installed the 255 walbro fuelpump with no other modifications. The car runs and drives fine. (For info my car is the japanese version with jap ecu) dont know if it makes a difference.

But If I install the 190 Can I still run the Stock fuelpressure regulator or would you prefer to do a rewire and install a fuel pressure regulator ? I cost almost the same.

Can your ECU support switching the voltage to the fuel pump? That's how several of the Mitsubishi cars deal with overrun, they reduce the voltage to the pump when they don't need the flow rate.

Also, for reference, stock 1G turbo 450 injectors are blue-tops. For a turbo 2G they are black-tops. On a stock setup with a 16G I was getting boost cut at 20 psi so your 14b will be comfortable with your stock setup. And as the others said, feed its oil from the head; there is a plug with a crush washer, carefully unscrew it and thread in a banjo bolt in it's place. Block off the oil supply from the oil filter housing that originally went to the T25.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back