The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

14B Record Has Been Reset!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just wondering but what flywheel are you using? That part I DIDN'T see on the mod list. Also, do ya have any dyno numbers? Figure that as light as your car is, around 400 horsepower would do the trick to get ya the times you're running. But of course, I'm just guesstimating.

Just wondering but what flywheel are you using? That part I DIDN'T see on the mod list. Also, do ya have any dyno numbers? Figure that as light as your car is, around 400 horsepower would do the trick to get ya the times you're running. But of course, I'm just guesstimating.

The flywheel is stock right now. I have an act streetlite sitting here gonna go in for next season.

The car is 2055lb with driver so with the online hp calculator says I should be around the 330hp mark. I have not put the car on a dyno yet. I'm not a fan of dynos, but I'm thinkin of doin it to get my cam gears dialed in and to see what she makes.

Congrats! Amazing work.

Thank you sir.

So I went to the track this weekend after a few tweaks, and got a new PB. Its at the bottom of my first post here. I knew the car would cut that time. As for now I am .06 away from the overall quickest 14b time which was done with NOS and was a [email protected]. I have a few more things to try out on the car but im pretty sure I can matchs Joe Bs nos time in my car with no NOS.

Very impressive!!

congrats DRew....thats an amazing accomplishment from a 14b

Thanks everyone. So much fun with this car. Its addicting and hard to want to upgrade. Its consistent, quick, and reliable. I mean what more can you ask for. Still trying to find the crazy combo to get the car to hook even harder. Its really hard to do at this point.

Thanks everyone. So much fun with this car. Its addicting and hard to want to upgrade. Its consistent, quick, and reliable. I mean what more can you ask for. Still trying to find the crazy combo to get the car to hook even harder. Its really hard to do at this point.

Congratz Justin! I saw one of your 10.67 passes yesterday, simply amazing!
Have you done the wobble rotor mod?

Congratz Justin! I saw one of your 10.67 passes yesterday, simply amazing!
Have you done the wobble rotor mod?

Thanks Dave. Always fun chatting with a knowledgable of as yourself.

And a wobble what a mod??

Thanks Dave. Always fun chatting with a knowledgable of as yourself.

And a wobble what a mod??

haha, wobble rotor.
you put a thin shim behind one lug on the wheel hub so the brake rotor wobbles very slightly. It pushes the brake pads out so there's less drag. The shim has to be thin, like a couple thousandths so the brakes still work when you need them.

haha, wobble rotor.
you put a thin shim behind one lug on the wheel hub so the brake rotor wobbles very slightly. It pushes the brake pads out so there's less drag. The shim has to be thin, like a couple thousandths so the brakes still work when you need them.

Ill have to look into that. Im sure freeing up the brakes can be worth something.

Congrats again Justin!

Thanks guys :)

Quicker than my hx40 so far and 1 mph from just as fast

How embarrassing

Just goes to show how the loss of weight and ingenuity can net great passes at the drag strip.
I bet your same set-up would get you a better time in a 1G but I know you already know that.
I am glad I am starting with an already light DSM model. I may never get to Justin's weight but it is a good goal to reach for.

Sweet. What's your goal besides the NOS 10.61? Sub 10.50?

My original goal was to beat Joes NOS time without NOS. But here I am seeing these all motor Hondas that weigh 100-150lbs more than me trapping the same 128mph but going 10.2-10.3. I have found that I wont be able to go that low in time due to the fact we have no other gear options and I am running the best possible combo that's available to us.

Im just gonna go with it, build the car and see where it takes me on a reliable level. Now that Im where I am at I will be spending the money on the higher dollar parts to see what more I can get out of it.

Fake time slips, Fake video. FAKE FAKE FAKE. LOL. Congrats buddy

You know we could heads up race this weekend if you want :tease:

Justin I am impressed with your car every time I see it. Keep up the great work, and can't wait to see it again.

Thanks man. Glad to hang out with you guys at the track. It really is a lot of fun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back