The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

14b on 2g: 1g or 2g o2 housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_eclipse96

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2004
Laramie, Wyoming
I am installing a 14b on my 2g gsx soon, and I heard that even though the 2g o2 sensor housing flows a bit better, the 1g housing is better for the 14b because of where the o2 sensor is located. Is this true or should I just use my 2g o2 housing? (I am planning to port everything btw)

Thanks.

I haven't heard anything about the difference in O2 sensor locations. The 2g flows better then the 1g, especially when ported.

Use the 2G, and port it if you have a die grinder handy. Have fun with the stocker 2G/14b combo. It was one of my favorites. Considering you already have a front mount, larger injectors and DSMLink or SAFC would really make that car fly. 20PSI on a 14b is a lot of fun.

Matt.

Alright, thanks guys.

Yeah, I am really looking forward to getting rid of this tiny t-25.. I think once I recover from the recent spending spree I went on, I'll pick up some used 550s or 650s and a SAFC, and crank up the boost :thumb:

Definitely use your 2G housing, and port it to match your DP inlet. A friend of mine has a 14b/FMIC setup on her 2G, ran 13.0 @ 103 with a slipping clutch and fuel cutting down the track on pump. Now with DSMlink, 660s, wideband, and tuning the car pulls real nice. Should be good for mid 12s now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back