The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

14b boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxeclipse97

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Cedar Park, Texas
Ok i know that if you have a 14b on a 2g with the 2g head with stock fuel system you are only supose to run 15psi max. Now on the flip side of that i have done a six bolt swap and have the same 14b can i still run 15psi without hurting anything because i know that the port size is much larger than that of the 2g which means it should flow more air correct. so is it safe to keep the same boost level?

If you want to turn it up as high as possible without hurting anything just get a logger. I wouldnt recomend going over 13 unless you get a logger.

oh this guy is selling one for 60 bucks im going to go see if i can pick it up from him tomorrow. but i ran 15psi before with no problems so i didnt that it would be a problem. I'm still running 2g pistons

The only way to be sure is to log it and find out if it is getting knock. As far as the engine handling it, as long as the engine is in good shape and you are getting no knock, 15 lbs is pretty safe. With fuel mods and a front mount or water injection, you could probably run 20 pretty safely. I maxed out my 14b last year at 23lbs on pump gas with no problems.

18psi on stock injectors?? You need a logger, you most likely wont run more than 13-15psi. I would run 12psi or lower without a logger to be safe. Why risk premature wear from detonation.

but it would run rich i would have to have something to tune the fuel with. I talked to this guy and he was running 20 on a 16g with the stock fuel pump and injectors he said that he had no problems but i haven't seen him in a while. Problay because he killed his car

that seems a bit overboard for stock. Just a walbro 190 fuel pump wont overrun anything. Im running one on my t-25 at 15psi.

19-21 psi on stock injectors. LOL that is pretty funny. I would not even try to push stock injectors any more. Im guessing these people running that much boost on injectors dont know what there doing or even tuned or logged the motor.

19-21 psi on stock injectors. LOL that is pretty funny. I would not even try to push stock injectors any more. Im guessing these people running that much boost on injectors dont know what there doing or even tuned or logged the motor.

You might be able to do that with race gas or water injection, but no way you could do it on pump. I ran into knock at 18lbs on mine before I went to the front mount, injectors and 2g mas. I was also at 96% idc's at that point with a rewired 190.

well, i was never able to run 15 psi on my stock fuel system without hitting fuel cut, but then 1Gs have the stock fuel pressure set at 37 psi, and correct me if im wrong, but arent 2Gs set at 42-43 psi? that is why people can run 15 psi in the 2gs. but thats just for the general 2G, i would still use the logger. and the T25 only spikes at 15psi, ive never heard off it holding more then 10psi to redline.

well, i was never able to run 15 psi on my stock fuel system without hitting fuel cut, but then 1Gs have the stock fuel pressure set at 37 psi, and correct me if im wrong, but arent 2Gs set at 42-43 psi? that is why people can run 15 psi in the 2gs. but thats just for the general 2G, i would still use the logger. and the T25 only spikes at 15psi, ive never heard off it holding more then 10psi to redline.

Its not if you can run as much boost before you hit fuel cut. Its about how much boost you can run without knocking. Also the timing is not as aggressive so people can usually run about 15psi on a stock fuel map. Also the 1g maf sucks and thats why you hit fuel cut when the 2g is way better and fuel cuts way later.

Its not if you can run as much boost before you hit fuel cut. Its about how much boost you can run without knocking. Also the timing is not as aggressive so people can usually run about 15psi on a stock fuel map. Also the 1g maf sucks and thats why you hit fuel cut when the 2g is way better and fuel cuts way later.

that was when i first got the car and didnt know any better so i turned it up to 15 psi cause people said you can do 15 psi on the stock fuel system. as it turned out, they all had 2Gs, and they were talking about injectors and stock fp, and were not talking about the entire system. like... the fuel pump LOL.

well while all of this is very helpful it still doesn't anwser my question. Is there going to be more of a problem with me running 15psi on the 1g head vs 2g head. due to the port size.

okay, it looks like the 2g head is better because of the port size.. well i have a 14b with a 1g manifold thats been portted, and got a 190, can i rise my psi to 15 or more? everything else is stock... i dont want to hurt anything...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back