The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

14b 1989 mirage dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglady112

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Commerce City, Colorado
The car has not been on the dyno in a few years and I have just been track tuning it. We switched back last year to a 14b to try and take the Colorado 1/4 mile E.T and MPH record. I succeeded with that goal.

I figured there was a little left on the table with timing. I was out of turbo as I monitor turbine back pressure so I know where the limit is at the track.

I was able to find power everywhere with no boost changes on the dyno. I picked up 30hp and 30lb/ft at the peak and 35hp and 35lb/ft at redline. So it was worth a trip to the dyno as we also found we need to update/replace our wideband.

Final numbers on a pretty darn accurate reading dyno versus what the ET calculators say we should be making.

305hp 290tq
19psi falling to 12psi at redline
32-33psi of backpressure through the entire run

The car went 12.94@106. The new goal with the new found power is 12.7@108. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can really solidify the effort I put into the small turbo stuff.

Sorry for no video. I was just trying to knock it out. Here is a picture of the gains. The second graph is to show what the graph looks like with no smoothing. Pretty clean running little setup.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back