The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

14B/16Ghotside Wastegate Actuator Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GettinPaper

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2009
Battle Ground, Washington
So i have a question, about the waste gate arm.. Is this fine?? I notice the arm is pulled out a little bit more on the 16g hotside.. then the one on my 14b hotside... here are some pictures to compare.. Is this okay?? Would this affect my waste gate from not opening enough?? (This is an ebay hotside, would i have to get an ebay wastegate actuator???)

Here is the stock 14b wastegate arm that i took off the car... to compare
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and here is the wastegate arm on the 16g hotside..
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What do you guys recommend? Any help is appreciated...

I daied mine for 2 or 3 years..Then I realized I could park it, and not put miles on it..While upgrading, and not having to pay insurance..LOL
So I get it homie..DD that bi*** as long as you feel you want to.

I have another 91 sitting in my 3 bay garage with a 20G making 300AWHP.. Shes sitting waiting for more upgrades.. haha this is just my grocery gettin daily driver ;)

Turned up the boost to 13lbs, with a walbro 190 supporting it.. I am happy with the results of the 7cm hotside, spool times about 100rpms slower or so.. But in the upper RPMS it pulls way better, 3rd gear especially.. Best of it no more boost creep! holds boost to redline ;) Also lets the 14B really breathe!! Makes it a better daily driver now haha :) (I felt like i didn't give a good enough explanation of results last time i posted LOL)

I thought i would let you guys know how the 14b/16g hybrids holding up, i have been beating the shit out of it since i put it on and has been holding up great.. I have a wideband installed, and am waiting for DSMLink so i can make a little bit more power and see what this 14B can really do on the streets! :p

Good to hear...but just to clarify, your turbo isn't a hybrid of any kind- it's a 14B with a 7cm turbine housing. Stating it's a 16G hybrid would lead one to believe the compressor had been changed...and if that's the case it wouldn't be considered a 14B anymore as both turbos use the same turbine wheel. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back