The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

13th Annual DSM Shootout, Aug 12-14, 2005

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quasimondo

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 17, 2004
Washington, D.C.
As quoted from Buschur Racing's forum about the 2005 SO: For more info, go to http://buschurforums.com/forums/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, you have read correctly. The shootout for next year has already been scheduled. Below you will find the class structure for next year, revised rules and such.

This will give plenty of time to build your DSM or EVO to class specs to come and make a spectactular showing.

GENERAL RULES

1. Every single competitor MUST run a full exhaust that exits past the rear fascia.
2. Every single competitor MUST run a full interior. This includes, seats front and back, door panels, plastic interior panels, rear hatch cover, carpet, center counsole etc.
3. Every single class runs on a .400 Pro Tree EXCEPT for the Bracket 1 and Bracket 2 classes.
4. NO nitrous allowed on any vehicle EXCEPT in Quick 16, Bracket 1 and Bracket 2.
5. The full interior and full exhaust rules do NOT apply to the Quick 16, Bracket 1 and Bracket 2 classes.
6. If you have installed rollcage or rollbar in your car and the bars interfer with the back seats or rear plastic they can be removed. The front seats may also be changed for use with harnesses or rollbars. (This is for every class other than the Q16, B1 and B2)
7. All classes must run a DOT RADIAL tire except for the Q16, B1 and B2 classes.
8. This event is for DSM's, EVO's and other cars powered by 4g63's ONLY! Do not bring anything else to the track and attempt to race it. I will throw you out and you will not get a refund.
9. Stand alone engine management is legal in all classes.

TRACK OPENS AT 8 AM. TIME TRIALS START AT 8 AM.

The actual race class names and class designations are listed below. Upon entering the track you will be given a race tech card. At the top right corner there is a number. Put the class letter designations on your windshield and passenger side window followed by this number. (Example, Quick 16, would be Q16 with the tech card number below it)

QUICK 16 (Q16) This is an anything goes class. No full tube chassis cars. All cars must be 4g63 powered. You must qualify for the field to run in it. (3) qualifiers will be given. 10am, 11am and 12 pm. If you do not qualify you can enter any other class your car fits into. If it is a gutted race car it will only fit into B1 or B2.

DSM Stock Appearing (DSA) This is a 1g/2g DSM class.
-NO FMIC'S
-NO external wastegates
-NO sheetmetal intakes
-NO fugly modifications that won't pass for darn near stock.
-1G intake, engine, head and TD05H turbos are fine for 2G's.

DSM Eliminator (DSE)
This is for the more modified 1g/2g DSM. Just about anything goes other than gutting, slicks and nitrous.

EVO Stock Appearing (ESA)
This is for Evolutions only. Car must retain the stock appearing intake manifold, exhaust manifold, turbo and 02 housing. You CAN upgrade the intercooler plumbing, FMIC, exhaust etc. For an example of a great EVO Stock Appearing class car refer to our complete Stage 4 kit. Beyond that will take you out of the class.

EVO Eliminator (EE)
This is for the more modified Evolutions. Sheetmetal intakes, huge turbos, headers and such all legal. Gut it or run nitrous and you are in the Q16 class or brackets.

Bracket 1 (B1)
Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 0-12.99.

Bracket 2 (B2)
Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 13.00 and slower.

Dyno King
This is held at our shop and is for cars that have been put into FWD mode only. A lot of fun to watch if nothing else. 2003 winner was 608 whp, 2004 was 523 whp.

Let the comments and suggestions begin. We have 1 year to make changes and better this event for the 13th year in a row.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. If you have any gripes about the rules, your chances of being heard by Buschur himself are more likely if you post any questions or issues over at his forum, since that is his board. But feel free to discuss and make plans over here too. Hopefully my Project: Lazarus II will be more than ready by then. :talon:

P.P.S. I just checked the thread again, and there is talk of trying to bring back the AutoX as well, just a little something for those who feel the need to acutally turn the steering wheel :D

I

CANT

WAIT

!!!1

Ill deff be there, without a doubt, unless im dead, i will be there. :D

Where is it at? Norwalk?

damnit, I don't think i'll be able to make it. my shootout money is being used to rebuild my engine. plus i forgot to reserve a room.

I'm gonna be going, heres hoping to my car doesnt break down along the way OMG :thumb:

PS, is it too late to reserve a hotel room? And what track exactly?

Did i not understand something or N/A cars arent welcomed there? it says 4g63 powered cars only? :confused:

Tsar said:
Did i not understand something or N/A cars arent welcomed there? it says 4g63 powered cars only? :confused:

Thats correct. 4G63 powered cars only. So your 420a is not welcome to race, however you can drive it there and watch etc, but it's only for 4G63 powered cars to run down the track unfortunately. Most DSM places do not consider any 420a powered car to be a DSM but more of a chrysler in dsm clothing so you get cut off kinda hard.. Sorry.

BrownBa14 said:
So, we can spend the night then?

hahah nooo I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't be too thrilled about that :coy: .. unless you want to sleep in the garage or something :p

ask BGRIPTP... I bet he has plenty of room for everyone LOL ;)

*Brittney

Ha, I don't think my parents would love to have a bunch of strangers spending the night either... haha

There are plenty of rooms around town that are open.

Norwalk Raceway may even have a list on their site of places.

Brits97TSI said:
hahah nooo I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't be too thrilled about that :coy: .. unless you want to sleep in the garage or something :p

ask BGRIPTP... I bet he has plenty of room for everyone LOL ;)

*Brittney

Well, if your a chick you can spend the night in my room and if not then park on my street and sleep in your car haha :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back