The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

13" X 1" rotors & 2-Piston Calipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcticTsi

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Tokyo-Japan, Asia
Finally got around to installing this brake kit. Couple pics were requested so here they are.

rotors:
13" by 1" thick,
slotted, drilled, vented,silver cadmium plate

caliper:
dual piston Baer PBR's, aussie made

stainless-steel braided lines

Blitz "Power" brake fluid
:thumb:

Attachments

• caliper3.jpg
    caliper3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 456
nice, how much did that cost/where did you get it? also, i think if you painted your calapers black and kept the lettering red it would look pretty cool (would contrast more with the color of the rotors), or paint the calapers red, and make the lettering back or silver

:)
I was actually thinking of painting them black with white lettering. Cause Baer has a series of calipers that are that color but they were 250.00 bucks more a piece. Theye were still only two piston so I went with these. Plus I have been trying hard to not let the car appear to be to tuned on the outside, but once you get running big racing wheels and rotors it gets hard to pull off. :thumb:

Originally posted by SOURCE1064
They are bad ass. I have the same kit with the powder coated red calipers. Nice choice. :thumb:

I went and saw your brakes in your gallery, they look good with the red caliper. I was undecided of what color. I have been leaning towards black with white lettering. But maybe, just maybe if I have some free time I'll polish the aluminum portion of the caliper. Or not......decisions decisions decisions...

Does Baer have a proprietary pad or do they use a pad available elsewhere? How do you like them? Do you think they would clear on a 17x8 wheel?

Scott 91 GSX
tired of driving around on his third set of warped rotors

Originally posted by eclipse2via
Does Baer have a proprietary pad or do they use a pad available elsewhere? How do you like them? Do you think they would clear on a 17x8 wheel?

No, all the baer kits I have installed all utilize a stock pad from some car. For example, their all out "Pro +" kit which I am running on my van uses stock pads from Porsche 996. My setup on the Talon is their "Track" kit uses the stock pads from a corvette. The kit has the exact years and models listed that will fit the kit. If you go out to their website you can download a template for your exact year and model vehicle to see if they fit with your wheels.

Hope this helps.
:)

www.baer.com

Thanks, I already downloaded the template. I am pleased that it's a common pad, so it will be cheaper and more available compounds if it's vette or porsche(like stoptech's). If it fits this looks like the way to go for me. Another $500-1000 for Wilwoods or Stoptechs is hard on the mod budget.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back