The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

12" Sub Enclosure fitment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommiman

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2004
Vaughan, Ontario_Canada
Yes, I did search before posting this.

I'm building a 12" sub enclosure. Problem is that the max height behind the back seats is about 12". I don't want to remove the privacy cover either. I will need at least 14" for a regular cube style box. Is a slanted cube the only way to go?

Please give me some suggestions.

if you haven't purchased the sub yet, you may want to consider a 10" (infinity?). i don't remember the "trunk" of the 2g very well, but i would assume you have as little room as the 1g. i have a 2 12" slanted box and i can barely close the hatch, let alone put the cover in

The privacy cover.. are you talking about the hatch cover so no one can see what you have in the trunk? Yea that was the problem when I first got my 12" sub. I removed the cover. The bad thing abuot that is it is easily seen, esp. if you don't have tint. I'm assuming that is your worry. However this is what I did. Since you have a AWD the trunk is higher. The FWDs should have no problem because the trunk is deeper. What you can do (which I did) is remove those 2 plastic containers that go on each side which hold the floor board. Then you would have to remove the spare tire as well. With all that remove put the floor board back and now you should have a lil;' more room. Just enuogh for a 12 sub box and the hatch cover to still fit and close.

You could make a box so the subs are facing up instead of back or forward. that gives you more space to work with for sub fitment - and you probably only need the height of the enclosure to be 12 or so inches anyhow.

joshohatesuall said:
You could make a box so the subs are facing up instead of back or forward. that gives you more space to work with for sub fitment - and you probably only need the height of the enclosure to be 12 or so inches anyhow.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. :thumb:

I was thinking of making a cube box facing up but from what I heard the best direction to point the sub is towards the back of the car.

Does anyone have subs pointing up. Is the sound quality any worse?

Honestly, I don't think it matters THAT much. I've had subs facing every which way in my cars and never noticed a huge difference.

this is a ten but it bumps pretty good, and this box is 7'' tall and I had to hammer on the boob to get it to fit good.

Attachments

• install_thumb.jpg
    install_thumb.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 81
No, slanted is not the only way to go. I bought a Q-Logic QLH-D12-100 dual 12" sub box, 1.0cu each.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is some more info:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ZDUkQLwFPe1/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=044qlh12d1&search=QLH12D100

The privacy cover/hatch cover goes right over it, fits perfectly. Q-Logic doesn't make the box anymore, I got one of the last ones from ebay about 4 months ago when crutchfield put them out of stock. I don't even have subs in them yet, just the box but once the subs are in they will be pointed towards the glass. If you need 1.25cu for each sub, just extend it about 2 inches on the side towards the tail lights, if you want I can get your exact dimension of what will fit in the 2G using the box.

Check out my gallery and there is a bigger picture, I work at a shop and I make all our custom boxes so if you have any questions you can just PM me. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back